• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Hokiepokie85

Hokiepokie85
3 years ago#1
Man the font is small. Anyone know of a zoom feature for the wii u? Tried googling but only found complaints about overscan issue. Ps4 has one (figured that out with witcher 3) so I'm hoping wii u does as well. Switching to gamepad seems even worse for me.

User Info: Hero_of_Courage

Hero_of_Courage
3 years ago#2
I literally have to get up from my couch, yeah.

User Info: EternalDivide

EternalDivide
3 years ago#3
Yup. 47" screen and I'm about 6-7 feet away and some stuff I just can't make out from that distance without my eyes feeling like they're going blurry.
FFVII Remake: I'm cautiously optimistic but expecting a disaster.
Elbow Rocket!

User Info: abogan

abogan
3 years ago#4
They completely fumbled this one.

Why is all subtitles very clean (higher resolution), when so much text in the game is with a lower resolution, looking like a PIXEL font ?

User Info: Grypholeon

Grypholeon
3 years ago#5
abogan posted...
Why is all subtitles very clean (higher resolution), when so much text in the game is with a lower resolution, looking like a PIXEL font ?

They just messed up the font in general because they chose a pretty slim font with a small lower case letter height. D:
The Japanese text can utilize the full height of each line with the kana but arabic lower case characters only uses half or less than half in some cases which makes it even harder to read. The whole line height is already pretty small in my opinion though...
I understand that they wanted to keep the interface clean but I have no idea how something like this passes testing...

I hope it's possible to patch in something.. some of the text is nearly unreadable from a normal distance unless you have eagle eyes, but even then it's exhausting in the long run. :/
The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed.

User Info: Ansem_the_evil

Ansem_the_evil
3 years ago#6
tc you be handicaping yourself by not using the wii u pad since it is used for quick travel and for easier use of the map
My 3DS FC: 0216-2224-5730
AC: New Leaf dream code: 7200-4466-8561

User Info: solokazama

solokazama
3 years ago#7
glad i got my 55 TV 2 meters from eyes (near bed) :)

User Info: Hokiepokie85

Hokiepokie85
3 years ago#8
Ansem_the_evil posted...
tc you be handicaping yourself by not using the wii u pad since it is used for quick travel and for easier use of the map

I use the pad. I was just saying it's worse when I flip the game screen and try to read the text on the pad. Might be easier if I adjust the brightness or somethin. Will try that tonight.

User Info: Sux138

Sux138
3 years ago#9
Yeah it's small

User Info: RogueShadow0618

RogueShadow0618
3 years ago#10
Yes, I wear glasses. Yes, Menu/Item font is minuscule. Subtitles are fine. And I played standing about 3 feet from my 40 inch HDTV. Yes, it is even worse looking at it on the pad.
No option to adjust brightness on the pad, only the TV.
  • Topic Archived