• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
  3. Takahashi : I want to create...

User Info: Monolithsoft

Monolithsoft
4 years ago#1
Ok I was just going on the internet to find some tiny news about XenobladeX because Iheard there would be some user comments or something and I found the gold mine. Everything I wanted I thought could happen seems to be in a good direction.

(I'm sorry my article is in French as that's my native language)
http://wajinokiseki.blogspot.fr/2015/07/tetsuya-takahashi-je-veux-creer-un-jeu.html

And that's why I'm going to sum it up here :

Takahashi Read the critics from everyone as he like to confront everything.
His answer is clear, he thank everyone for their critics and say this first HD title was a first step they couldn't avoid.
And, after the birth of XenobladeX, he wants Monolith Soft to continue with it, but now, creating a story with an extremely strong story.
So, after the Open World theme, he wants to put back story at the middle of everything.

I finished XenobladeX, really liked the game and I wanted so much for it to be the beginning of something big, which... clearly might be.

Hype at maximum levels. At least, for me.
If you have questions, go for it.
Playing : XenobladeX - Maybe waiting for : Star Ocean 5 and #FE

User Info: Goldfaber

Goldfaber
4 years ago#2
I hope the sequel will answers the questions Xenoblade X dropped off.

Monolithsoft
4 years ago#3
It's pretty sure it will at some point.

The fact that they tackled the story slowly shows that they were trying to concentrate on a "first well done HD game" more tan trying to go too far and fail.
Now, they are ready to release the beast.

User Info: Denzenith

Denzenith
4 years ago#4
Hype levels at maximum already.
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/rathlion
In my hands the means, in my heart the will.

User Info: Rikkus_dad

Rikkus_dad
4 years ago#5
Xenoblade Wii had the best balance between gameplay and story out of all the Xeno games, don't know why he's now acting like it's one or the other.
It's "I couldn't care less" NOT "I could care less"!! Why do 90% of English speakers get this wrong?

Monolithsoft
4 years ago#6
Monolithsoft posted...
creating a story with an extremely strong story.

Sorry I meant : "A game with..... story"
I wrote to fast and there are some mistakes (like the thanks)

Rikkus_dad posted...
Xenoblade Wii had the best balance between gameplay and story out of all the Xeno games, don't know why he's now acting like it's one or the other.

No I think he couldn't reproduce the same balance with XenobladeX because of the difference in universe, HD and other stuff.
Maybe he's planning to get back to old Xeno levels of story while keeping the Gameplay pace of Xenoblade Wii (more or less close to X, which is more extreme in the open/free level).

User Info: ScaldedBeaver

ScaldedBeaver
4 years ago#7
Thank you very much for the info. I'm glad that Takahashi is still interested in creating good video game storylines. I wonder if Monolith has already gotten the green light for a new big project, or if Takahashi is expecting that they will.

Monolithsoft posted...
So, after the Open World theme, he wants to put back story at the middle of everything.

From what I can make out of your translation (with my pretty poor French) that doesn't seem to be exactly what he says. He wants to create an "exceptional" storyline, but also follow the path Xenoblade X set out. It's possible that they will attempt another non-linear open world game, just with a more involved main storyline.

Of course, you are the one who understands Japanese and also knows how X's main storyline worked way better than I do, so correct me if I'm wrong.

User Info: Accrovideogames

Accrovideogames
4 years ago#8
After reading the article you provided, I don't find your summary quite exact. Here's my translation of the full article with some irrelevant parts left out:

New information is brought up to us these days, especially from feedback by players who finished Xenoblade X. Tetsuya Takahashi, the director of the project, took the time to read as is it's habit to do so, to read the different critics from these players, good or bad. Using his reflexion as an engine to reinforce or correct his ideas for his games, he replied with a short but revelatory message.

"Thank you for your precious ideas, dear players! I totally agree with you. A more heated and exceptional story, an easy to use interface, refined combats; all these points identified always stick in my head. When developing a HD game later than most other developers, with the structure that was Monolith, I understood that there were compromises to be made. In order to go to the next step, we couldn't avoid it. We will continue on the track born from this experience that is Xenoblade X but this time I want to create a game with an exceptional scenario."

This means that the next project from Monolift Soft will put the scenario at the core of the construction, while still profiting from the experience and new strengths acquired from the last game.

In other words, they primarily focused on the game engine rather than the story. It's a matter of container versus content. The next game will copy paste everything that is good about Xenoblade X, which is much easier than starting over from scratch, and then attach an exceptional scenario to it.
I'm French speaking. 25/Male/Quebec
SSB4 DLC Vote: Lloyd Irving with Scott Menville as the voice actor

Monolithsoft
4 years ago#9
Sorry, that sentence is mine, not a direct translation. I mix both in what I say here.
The translation is in my French article. That's just a way of saying that the story should come back as a stronger element.
So yeah I may be entirely wrong, but until now everything they did was kinda logical.

They wanted to be some sort of Japanese Bethesda and comes never really talked about story, just Sci Fi background.
There goes the Open World with Sci Fi but mostly open/free gameplay. That's what they were talking about mostly.

Then the first thing we see for the next one is this story things (as well as the usual more or less little improvement in everything else).
As Takahashi wrote a story, XenobladeX is not really finished and talk about lots of things that could lead to new games.
The ending itself gives big mysteries to wonder about.
So it's really safe to say that it was some kind of introduction where gameplay took back some of the balance over linear story telling with long scenes.

I think they created a universe, graphics, lots of useful tools and used part of the big story to begin something.
They put great effort on the surviving/life on this new planet so we can enjoy knowing tidbits with Quests/talking and so on.

And for the next game(s), they can focus on hard to tell story with big scenes and plot twists that would have been hard to do on the first game with their budget and time, without screwing part of it.
So of course we like to have everything on a single game, but if each one of them provides us with dozens/hundreds of gam hours, then the spreading and balance of story telling is ok and can even be refreshing.

When you see how Xenosaga was hated for the long scenes (I loved that but... whatever) so they are trying to build popularity as well as building their experience so they can do some kind of Monado game, but with complexity of an old Xeno, HD and so on...

Anyway, that's what I think. And even if I'm wrong, it's probably not far from the truth as they are working on the series, he said it by himself in another interview. I can't think of a game unrelated to X considering the "messages" at the end. It's just impossible.

User Info: ScaldedBeaver

ScaldedBeaver
4 years ago#10
Well, from the Iwata asks we know that Takahashi wrote a hell of a lot before this game. Maybe they only used a part of that stuff in X and saved some of it for later projects.

Oh, and regarding Xenoblade and how it handled its story, the game still had 10+ hours of cutscenes/dialogue. I'm pretty sure that's more than any of the Saga games (unless you count the Saga games together of course). It's all about spacing the cutscenes out properly.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
  3. Takahashi : I want to create...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A