• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. Online question

User Info: DCinGA

DCinGA
3 years ago#1
Is the Wii U active online still?

And are Mk8 and Mk8D users able to compete cross- platform?

Thanks

User Info: lukeskywalker66

lukeskywalker66
3 years ago#2
First question: Yes, it's very easy to find full rooms. Second: No, they're completely separate. The changes to Deluxe (characters, items, etc.) would make them incompatible.
Anyone can believe in the truth. To believe in nonsense is a demonstration of loyalty... it serves as a uniform.
And if you have a uniform, you have an army.

User Info: GDBlueFalcon

GDBlueFalcon
3 years ago#3
No activity on this board doesn't mean the wii u is dead. The wii u version online community is just as active and populated as the Switch. If you are buying a used wii u setup you wouldn't be disappointed. To me the wii u version is better and more fun.

User Info: Polimario

Polimario
3 years ago#4
It's still active. Had no problem getting full lobbies just recently.
https://imgur.com/PiDxyE9
What a grand and intoxicating innocence.

User Info: DCinGA

DCinGA
3 years ago#5
Thanks guys. I've enjoyed Mk8 for years, but only now have I been able to go online. I'm not seeing full rooms as you have mentioned, but 3 to 5 per room seems about the average. Maybe it's a time of day issue.

User Info: The_Ecstatic329

The_Ecstatic329
3 years ago#6
I played today and was impressed to find 10-12 racers per match. I was playing in Regional.

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
3 years ago#7
It's probably the most active online Wii U game, just like MK7 is still the most active online 3DS game

Even MKWii was still bustling up until the very last day
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. Online question
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A