• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. The Gold-Digging Situation

User Info: The-Letter-M

The-Letter-M
3 years ago#1
Ello everyone, before i start this thread is brought to you by the letter: M Get it eh? HA HA.....Uh-Ahem sorry -_-;

anyway not sure if anyone is aware of this wee situation but gold-diggers ( players with 10k or higher go into rooms 5k or lower ) are invading rooms for people who are either inexperience or still a rookie for a "easy score"

well i say to a lot who do this method are either selfish, or just not trying hard enough.. and the worse part is as long as the point system is broken they keep on abusing it...

stopping them is easy it is, just get in there way throw a few items at the phony to put the lil'cheat in last!

the more hit they be taking the better chances for em to back away.. the choice is your everyone...

so wit all that bein said what do ye think about this new craze that's been ruining beginner rooms for some time and in ya don't like it then what do ya have in mine to stop it i'd like to hear some ideas...

or what do ya think about the situation at hand?

get to posting but be civil

sorry about me last topic bein at a wee bit of a stand still but i was on travel (it was an all over experience so) i'm continuing right from were i left off eh?
Oy Ay there

The-Letter-M
3 years ago#2
Now getting back to a post of a previous user (for got the name so sorry lad)

anyway you say players had no choice because of the limited player base NOPE WRONG!!! They decided this for themselves! they could've easily find higher rooms but refuse so as much as i want to accept this i say that this fact is pure poppycock!

pro go into low rooms on purpose for the easy boost no if ands and buts about it.
Oy Ay there

User Info: GDBlueFalcon

GDBlueFalcon
3 years ago#3
Don't know which is worse, pros keep refreshing their account with low vr plays in 5 digit vr rooms to frustrate folks.

However, it is not really that big of a deal for anyone to worry about. They will stop because they will feel it being unwelcome. They will leave if they meet their challenge or gang challenge as they get their 20+ vr knock off every other runs, or when everyone leaves just like a bully wants to play but everyone quit in school.

On the other hand, it is not all bad, it gives an opportunity for people to realize how much room you can improve. Also this guy might light up the monotonousness of the room; everyone may try to figure out why is this guy so unbelievably fast or is he a hacker. Anyway, if a bully shows up I will either challenge him or leave, that all.

The-Letter-M
3 years ago#4
GDBlueFalcon posted...
Don't know which is worse, pros keep refreshing their account with low vr plays in 5 digit vr rooms to frustrate folks.

However, it is not really that big of a deal for anyone to worry about. They will stop because they will feel it being unwelcome. They will leave if they meet their challenge or gang challenge as they get their 20+ vr knock off every other runs, or when everyone leaves just like a bully wants to play but everyone quit in school.

On the other hand, it is not all bad, it gives an opportunity for people to realize how much room you can improve. Also this guy might light up the monotonousness of the room; everyone may try to figure out why is this guy so unbelievably fast or is he a hacker. Anyway, if a bully shows up I will either challenge him or leave, that all.

While i respect your opinion and level head on the issue i'd say you can make is as big of a deal as you wanted to be mate because like i said before (if i haven't done so here already) almost 7 well known pros have done this and have no problems going back to it if they feel it's "too hard" aye we can easily ignore it but from what i heard this is also moving into the deluxe version as well so that be incredibly impossible to do it is,

but i'm not talking about deluxe this is about the original version while true i haven't been in the game that long to justify that G.D's is still a thing on the Wii U i just know it in my guts that a bunch of those jerks will return to help other jerks find low rooms unless people decide to fight back (like me and me friends have so far) nothing will change really

the only positive is that those who do will makes some friends along the way if they give it a wee bit of time before the end result
Oy Ay there

GDBlueFalcon
3 years ago#5
I like to add, you and your friends don't have to worry about this will happen or ruining any fun because of the new scoring system. If they place first only gain maybe 10 vr points or less; if they mass around place last, their could be 35 vr points lost. I don't think anyone can get a kick out of this. Happy gaming.

User Info: Luigi_Fan2

Luigi_Fan2
3 years ago#6
Even if you play in a room where everyone has high VR, it's still not terribly difficult to consistently gain VR in them as long as you're fairly good at the game. (Anyone who can stomp on a low VR room is probably good at the game anyway, and a player that good won't always have high VR). As a result, VR is more of a measure of time played than anything else. It's a little easier to gain VR quickly in a really low VR room, but it's honestly not a lot faster. You're basically just massively exaggerating an issue that barely even matters at all.

The-Letter-M
3 years ago#7
GDBlueFalcon posted...
I like to add, you and your friends don't have to worry about this will happen or ruining any fun because of the new scoring system. If they place first only gain maybe 10 vr points or less; if they mass around place last, their could be 35 vr points lost. I don't think anyone can get a kick out of this. Happy gaming.

sure thing mate, i'll add ya at a later date just be patient.

the new system is greatly flawed aye it's only 10 points but can really add up if thy're stubborn / greedy enough
Oy Ay there

GDBlueFalcon
3 years ago#8
The-Letter-M posted...
GDBlueFalcon posted...

the new system is greatly flawed aye it's only 10 points but can really add up if thy're stubborn / greedy enough

If anyone can win first place or even top 3 every run, why wouldn't he go to their peers and wind 25 vr points? If he can't win among his peers that means he is no good, so why should anyone worry about then?

I begin to suspect that you and your friends are the "gold digger" yourself acting immaturely stupid.

The-Letter-M
3 years ago#9
GDBlueFalcon posted...
The-Letter-M posted...
GDBlueFalcon posted...

If anyone can win first place or even top 3 every run, why wouldn't he go to their peers and wind 25 vr points? If he can't win among his peers that means he is no good, so why should anyone worry about then?

I begin to suspect that you and your friends are the "gold digger" yourself acting immaturely stupid.

Woha, hey, wait a moment here, i'm no gold-digger mate, i use pro rooms 100% the real problems are pro like Tristan, Kyoko, and Prof.Chaos to name a few... me and others are actually getting in there way so they don't get any should they go into a low room,

if ye don't believe me i can give you a highlight of one of there bad moments.... are links even allowed here?
Oy Ay there
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. The Gold-Digging Situation
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A