• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. Video proof of MK8 online cheaters

User Info: slimjim99

slimjim99
4 years ago#1
https://youtu.be/KYdmLkVNFnA

https://youtu.be/8Ndun6DpsmI

This dude and his partner were throwing bombs, stars, purple shells and all sorts of other items out of thin air throughout the race. They even had the items at the very beginning of the race.

Both of these cheaters got first and second place in every single race. I'm not even going to bother with online play any longer when there is cheating like this.

User Info: MoonXIII

MoonXIII
4 years ago#2
I thought that the cheaters stayed on MKWii and MK7, but then a couple days ago I ran into a lobby with a FTL hacker in MK8. Endless Bob-Ombs, Green Shells and Blue Shells and even Mushrooms were scattered around the racetrack...It was a crazy couple of races until I left.

You ran into FTW (For the Win) hackers though, who are a lot dirtier than FTL hackers because they used their cheating to hold the top two spots in the race instead of just messing with everyone else for fun.
*~Amethyst Nocturne, The Violet Dusk~* | Xbox Gamertag: Amethyste Moon
Switch FC: 6936-6378-4969

slimjim99
4 years ago#3
yea i'll never go back to mk8 online play.

game over, nintendo

User Info: SS4kronos33

SS4kronos33
4 years ago#4
i have encountered that guy boss just recently but his vr was in the 20,000-24,000 range. when were these videos taken??? for me it was just this past saturday when i encountered him
You know...one man can make a difference and With great power comes great responsiblity....WHY??? BECAUSE STAN LEE said so--R.I.P Stan the man Lee--1922-2018

slimjim99
4 years ago#5
SS4kronos33 posted...
i have encountered that guy boss just recently but his vr was in the 20,000-24,000 range. when were these videos taken??? for me it was just this past saturday when i encountered him

about a week ago

User Info: vio2112

vio2112
4 years ago#6
The hackers have been infesting the game for a while now. 2016 was the last good year for online play in the game. The only way to get away from them at this point is to get a Switch and Deluxe.

It should be noted that the hacking is still not as severe as it was in MK Wii. I'll often go through 20-30 lobbies before I finally come across one of these douchebags. As soon as I see one, I immediately exit the race. I don't even care if it hurts my VR. Too old to deal with that BS.

User Info: StarWarsfan1984

StarWarsfan1984
4 years ago#7
I encountered cheaters online earlier this month as well.
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-7130-8907-3319
Xbox Live: Jerebear84
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. Video proof of MK8 online cheaters
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A