• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. Some criticisms about this game...

User Info: Gavin_the_Angel

Gavin_the_Angel
4 years ago#1
MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS TO AN EXTENT!!

I really like this game, and it's hard to get bored off, but... I have several criticisms of it that I want to share, in no particular order, here we go:

1.The two-in-one coin item is a very lazy item that only artificially extends the amount of items in the game. Wouldn't it make more sense for a coin item to fill your coin count up to maximum of ten rather than just two coins?

2.Luck is way too big of a factor. I can understand luck being a factor in some aspects, but when you're in 1st place, and you accidentally hit a wall, why in the world must you go down 7 spots in the race?

3.Characters you haven't unlocked yet will appear in races... why...?

4.CPU combinations are overly basic. I do know it's likely to stop CPU's from becoming too fast, and I can understand some stuff being restricted, but a lot of the combinations are far too basic.

5.There are way too many shortcuts that are simply cutting across off-road. In Mario Kart Wii, and even in Mario Kart 7, there were shortcuts that could allow you to jump up about 6 places, nothing beat the awesome feeling of that. Now, you might skip up about 2 places if you're lucky.

6.The random off-road dribbles towards the walls of courses are incredibly annoying. It's confusing to as to whether they intended this to make courses harder or not. Using a mushroom on them would be the same as using a mushroom elsewhere.

7.There are way too many cloned tires. I know they probably make cloned stuff due to time constraints a lot, but they didn't have enough to make some tires that weren't colour swaps of others...?

8.A lot of courses, but nitro and retro just way too much generic flat grassy areas. I do know they have stuff like ramps and all, but a lot of them feel too unfitting for the game.

9.There was no congratulations screen towards the end credits with all the playable characters... despite the fact a lot of previous Mario Kart games had them. None were added in along DLC either. Did they do this on purpose for whatever mystical reason or did it just slip their minds...? I know it's not a big thing, but they were so memorable in previous Mario Kart games...

10.Some of the previous flaws likely would've taken a while to finish, but some could've been fixed easily. How some of these weren't fixed despite being quick process is a main thing. Feel free to agree, disagree, or question me on stuff. I'm sure some of this stuff is fixed in the re-release of the game, but for now I'm talking about this game.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. Some criticisms about this game...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A