• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. Changing the VR system was stupid.

User Info: super_luigi16

super_luigi16
5 years ago#1
The VR system before was fine.

The VR system now is fine.

The problem is that they decided to change it from one system to the other system. In the pre-update system, VR was correlated to how much you played, so you could find 3000 VR players who were great and 9999 VR players who were meh. Now, the VR is trying to violently equalize with all of the great players with low VR exhorting from the players with higher VR. Add in luck and the general harshness of the losses and most of our races are now just trying to survive without losing 200 VR in an hour.

I really wish they would have just kept the same system without switching from one to the other. It definitely makes the game less enjoyable to see my VR go down for no reason other than "oh, you had a bad race and everyone else in the room has s*** VR." Hopefully the transition smooths out sooner rather than later.
Luigi > Mario | #BetterThanTheLastBatch
http://www.facebook.com/SLFAQS | Current - MK8 FAQ/Walkthrough

User Info: aerosmith5

aerosmith5
5 years ago#2
Actually, this was pretty much exactly what I stated earlier, I'd be fine with this system if it was started this way.
http://backloggery.com/aerosmith5
http://www.youtube.com/user/aerosmithgamer

User Info: RadeonHD4250

RadeonHD4250
5 years ago#3
I try not to let the VR get to me but it just is solely because it's there.

Losing points in 4th place makes me feel like I'm terrible at the game.
There's only so much you can do to negate luck in this game.

I've been competing a little more in Tournaments where VR doesn't matter. So even if I get a lower rank I "don't feel as bad" since I'm not "losing" anything, aside from gaining more losses, but I'd have to go into the stats screen more often.

I've been stuck in a 99xx - 1000x loop for the longest time.
Koopa Troopa lover and enthusiast. NNID: KT_KoopaTroopaLX
In real life name: Rodney

User Info: ValkyrieXVIII

ValkyrieXVIII
5 years ago#4
Nintendo should have done a mass VR reset on everyone.

User Info: sg91

sg91
5 years ago#5
I actually like this new system. I like playing against people who have actual skill rather than them being the longest playing player.

ValkyrieXVIII
5 years ago#6
sg91 posted...
I actually like this new system. I like playing against people who have actual skill rather than them being the longest playing player.

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
5 years ago#7
ValkyrieXVIII posted...

That would have caused a massive uproar.
Tissue to the extreme!
I'd like to be a tree.

ValkyrieXVIII
5 years ago#8
SpunkySix posted...
ValkyrieXVIII posted...

Players would have gotten over it. The only players who would be upset enough to consider quitter are those who know they wouldn't be able to get it back in such case those players did not deserve 9999 VR. I have been playing only a day and I've got back to 5000 with no issue as I have the skill to do so. This would have been the only way to put everyone back on the same playing field.

User Info: Chagen46

Chagen46
5 years ago#9
Honestly Wii was much worse with the "you have to defend every single point of VR you got" thing.
Baby Rosalina and Baby Daisy fanboy for life. Respect our adorable princesses!
NNID: RazziZadhna

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
5 years ago#10
ValkyrieXVIII posted...
SpunkySix posted...
ValkyrieXVIII posted...

Players would have gotten over it. The only players who would be upset enough to consider quitter are those who know they wouldn't be able to get it back in such case those players did not deserve 9999 VR. I have been playing only a day and I've got back to 5000 with no issue as I have the skill to do so. This would have been the only way to put everyone back on the same playing field.

Maybe. I could still see some skilled players just being like "nope" and taking at least a long hiatus though.
Tissue to the extreme!
I'd like to be a tree.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. Changing the VR system was stupid.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A