• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. Items are based on DISTANCE not POSITION

User Info: dudeDudette

dudeDudette
5 years ago#1
Yes, this is a repeat topic, but so is every single topic in these last three pages.
Coins should be less common.
Triple Red Shells shouldn't be that OP.
But just because you're in 10th it doesn't mean you should get a Bullet Bill when said Bullet Bill would probably put you in 3rd.

Play consistently, play smart, stop relying on spamming items, aim those damn green shells.
Yes, there are some stuff that could be balanced more (or balanced differently).
No, catching up isn't always impossible. I'm not a pro-gamer and I can usually catch-up to the 2nd and 1st places after a bad start.

You are getting coins? Good, either there's a group in first clumped up, or you're in first way up.
You are getting single shells? Either there's a huge group trailing together or you're in the middle, close to the lead.

Yes, sometimes you will get lucky and get a Crazy 8 in 2nd, close enough to first, and yes, sometimes the race will hinge on something stupid as a red shell. Luck is involved, and maybe the person in front of you will get a better item, or the person behind you get a shell while you get a coin (though after a LOT of races, I'd say I've only have one or two hinge on a bad-timing coin, if I drive fairly well)

But being in a low position does not garantee good items because items are not primarly based in position.

/rant

User Info: zelionx

zelionx
5 years ago#2
i support this topic
3DS: 5412-9925-4803 Everything else: ZelionX
Bad advice dog is more helpful than United Airlines' customer service

User Info: HighUlitma

HighUlitma
5 years ago#3
zelionx posted...
i support this topic
"Captain Falcon doesn't live dangerously; it's the rest of the world that's in danger for not being Captain Falcon." - Big Bob

User Info: Charity_Diary

Charity_Diary
5 years ago#4
Okay?

Items should be based on position, not distance from the nearest racer. The races last like 2 minutes each. A green shell when I'm in 10th place is not going to help me. Items should be geared toward propelling everyone up to first place, not into the middle of the pack. The game loses its competitiveness because of this redistribution of wealth s***.
Charity_Diary

User Info: Kebiinu

Kebiinu
5 years ago#5
Going to have to agree.
NintendoID: Kebiinu
PSN: Kebiinu

User Info: BabeWeegOnFiers

BabeWeegOnFiers
5 years ago#6
Cool. That explans why I get coins/single greens/bananas when 1st and 2nd overlaped me and 2nd get Crazy 8.
I a gir ho loves Babe Weeg an aceptts him as my personal lord and saver.
You loco Waro satistts.

User Info: kirbydude385

kirbydude385
5 years ago#7
Unfortunately, people are still going to complain.

Because you tell them this and then when one item is slightly out of place they freak out and say the game is broken.
We're just two f***ups. At least we're f***ed up together.
Kairos | Team Magma Admin Courtney of the Omega Ruby Board

User Info: Swiftie_Muggle

Swiftie_Muggle
5 years ago#8
dudeDudette posted...
Yes, this is a repeat topic, but so is every single topic in these last three pages.
Coins should be less common.
Triple Red Shells shouldn't be that OP.
But just because you're in 10th it doesn't mean you should get a Bullet Bill when said Bullet Bill would probably put you in 3rd.

Play consistently, play smart, stop relying on spamming items, aim those damn green shells.
Yes, there are some stuff that could be balanced more (or balanced differently).
No, catching up isn't always impossible. I'm not a pro-gamer and I can usually catch-up to the 2nd and 1st places after a bad start.

You are getting coins? Good, either there's a group in first clumped up, or you're in first way up.
You are getting single shells? Either there's a huge group trailing together or you're in the middle, close to the lead.

Yes, sometimes you will get lucky and get a Crazy 8 in 2nd, close enough to first, and yes, sometimes the race will hinge on something stupid as a red shell. Luck is involved, and maybe the person in front of you will get a better item, or the person behind you get a shell while you get a coin (though after a LOT of races, I'd say I've only have one or two hinge on a bad-timing coin, if I drive fairly well)

But being in a low position does not garantee good items because items are not primarly based in position.

/rant

Stopped reading there ... like why does that item even exist then???? and not to mention that it doesnt appear anymore! its even more rare than the crazy 8 thing , omg.
People in here are like Jon Snow ; ''They Know Nothing...''

User Info: kirbydude385

kirbydude385
5 years ago#9
Swiftie_Muggle posted...
Stopped reading there ... like why does that item even exist then???? and not to mention that it doesnt appear anymore! its even more rare than the crazy 8 thing , omg.

If you need a Bullet Bill when first place is 5 seconds ahead of you, you need to get better at the game.
We're just two f***ups. At least we're f***ed up together.
Kairos | Team Magma Admin Courtney of the Omega Ruby Board

User Info: Charity_Diary

Charity_Diary
5 years ago#10
kirbydude385 posted...
Swiftie_Muggle posted...

If you need a Bullet Bill when first place is 5 seconds ahead of you, you need to get better at the game.

The Bullet Bill doesn't even gain you 5 seconds of track... And its duration is heavily dependent on what position you're in when you use it.
Charity_Diary
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. Items are based on DISTANCE not POSITION
  • Topic Archived