• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. I need advice for drifting.

User Info: GrnFzzTgr

GrnFzzTgr
5 years ago#1
Outward drifting I can do, before Mario Kart 8 the last kart games I played were Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart advanced.

I'd like to get used to the sport's bike/ jet/yoshi, because I like how they look, but this inward drift on bikes is totally new to me and I can't seem to get it down. I need some tips!

A lot of the time I try to start an inner drift but I usually end up crashing into the inner corner or falling off the stage. Is there a certain timing I need? Do I need a certain spacing? Also how do I get the inner drift to charge faster? Also what's the best way to inner drift on a wide turn? Sorry for asking so much. I searched the topics and I searched google for info, but couldn't find anything.

User Info: Xeiros

Xeiros
5 years ago#2
It's about about how you approach a turn. Not just when to start but from where.

So when a turn is coming up and you're using a bike with inside drift that means it's going to cut sharply in the direction you chose. This means that you want to approach it from the outside. Out -> In because if you try the other way around In -> In you'll end up going off-road or into a wall.

Outward on the other hand can start from either inside the track or in the middle. It takes some getting used to as you learn the courses, but once you learning where and when to begin drifting, inside will feel just as easy outside.
3DS FC: 0044 - 2816 - 4438
NNID: Xeiros

GrnFzzTgr
5 years ago#3
So for exampleon a course like rainbow road, I'd want to start closer to the outer edge? Also, thank you!

User Info: Garrafan

Garrafan
5 years ago#4
GrnFzzTgr posted...
So for exampleon a course like rainbow road, I'd want to start closer to the outer edge? Also, thank you!

Yeah, so if you're making a left turn you want to start on the right side and cut into the left mid-turn
Family and friends mean everything.
http://i.imgur.com/rppjQec.png http://i.imgur.com/frnXxyM.gif

GrnFzzTgr
5 years ago#5
Thanks very much!

User Info: VanderZoo

VanderZoo
5 years ago#6
Xeiros posted...
It's about about how you approach a turn. Not just when to start but from where.

So when a turn is coming up and you're using a bike with inside drift that means it's going to cut sharply in the direction you chose. This means that you want to approach it from the outside. Out -> In because if you try the other way around In -> In you'll end up going off-road or into a wall.

Outward on the other hand can start from either inside the track or in the middle. It takes some getting used to as you learn the courses, but once you learning where and when to begin drifting, inside will feel just as easy outside.

That was helpful.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. I need advice for drifting.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers