• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. What is a inward drift ?

User Info: Tatan_93

Tatan_93
5 years ago#1
And how to master it ?, i suppose that a bike I used today has this, because when I drift is harder to control , and with a kart I never had problem drifting.
3DS Friend Code: 1504-6895-9796 TSV:0312
Ground Type Safari: Wooper,Camerupt and Diggersby.

User Info: Exentryk

Exentryk
5 years ago#2
When you drift with a kart, it drifts outwards/away from the point you start drifting. Inward drift is the opposite, although the one here starts going out for a split second before coming in. Inward is more natural, for me.
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.

User Info: super_luigi16

super_luigi16
5 years ago#3
So a normal vehicle is outward drifting--the center of gravity is toward the back wheels, which causes the kart, ATV, or bike to swing outward. A special type of vehicles (the sport bikes) are inward drifting start drifting outward but immediately switch their center of gravity toward the front wheels, meaning that the bike swings inward.

If you want to see the difference in practice, try a round with the Varmint and then try a round with the Jet Bike. There's a huge difference when you try to turn.
Luigi > Mario
http://www.facebook.com/SLFAQS | Upcoming - Mario Kart 8 FAQ/Walkthrough

User Info: Jonaqq

Jonaqq
5 years ago#4
inward drifting is god on earth. INWARD DRIFT FOR LIFEEEE

User Info: Tatan_93

Tatan_93
5 years ago#5
So in that way work this drift, everyone thanks for the help, and Are there advantages between the type of drift ?
3DS Friend Code: 1504-6895-9796 TSV:0312
Ground Type Safari: Wooper,Camerupt and Diggersby.

User Info: MegaPikminFan

MegaPikminFan
5 years ago#6
I've noticed certain turns (Rainbow Road N64's first turn) that are near impossible to drift with inward.

Conversely, there are some sharp turns (Donut Plains) where are bike can make a near full 180 beautifully.
Steam: NavyPheonix | WiiU: Navy_Pheonix | XBox: Navy Pheonix

User Info: cwjakesteel

cwjakesteel
5 years ago#7
MegaPikminFan posted...
I've noticed certain turns (Rainbow Road N64's first turn) that are near impossible to drift with inward.

Conversely, there are some sharp turns (Donut Plains) where are bike can make a near full 180 beautifully.

I hear a lot of people saying that inward drifting is OP, but actually, imo outward drifting is better. With those 180 turns, you simply have to start drifting earlier and learn how to control it, while will inward, you have to drift closer to the bend. Outward drifting is more versatile.
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted him as lord and savior, and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
PSN: Hajikelist009 NNID: cwjakesteel

User Info: Milla_Maxwell

Milla_Maxwell
5 years ago#8
cwjakesteel posted...
MegaPikminFan posted...

I hear a lot of people saying that inward drifting is OP, but actually, imo outward drifting is better. With those 180 turns, you simply have to start drifting earlier and learn how to control it, while will inward, you have to drift closer to the bend. Outward drifting is more versatile.

Outward drifting is a lot better for grabbing arcs of coins too, as well as Building up Mini Turbos above Blue Sparks.
"Mommy, how come the wolf always has to be the bad guy? Everybody's mean to them and they always get killed at the end..."
-Ame

User Info: VanderZoo

VanderZoo
5 years ago#9
Milla_Maxwell posted...
cwjakesteel posted...
MegaPikminFan posted...

Outward drifting is a lot better for grabbing arcs of coins too, as well as Building up Mini Turbos above Blue Sparks.

Doesn't inward drifting build up yellow turbo's quicker since it makes sharper turns?

User Info: highndry18

highndry18
5 years ago#10
Inward drifting is definitely an advantage for those sharp 180 turns. There have been multiple times where my biker was able to overtake a four-wheeler easily while skimming on the edge of the track.

Then again it boils down to the skill of the driver and certain vehicle setups.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. What is a inward drift ?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers