• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. N64 Rainbow Road

User Info: TheIastspartan

TheIastspartan
5 years ago#11
Milla_Maxwell posted...
Cyrlous posted...
Ok, but if it's that bad of a track, then just don't use it.

That's the stupidest s*** I've ever heard.

Tracks are not like Characters where you only need to pick the ones you like and you can ignore the ones you don't.

Tracks are something you HAVE to play to complete the game, and saying "If you don't like how this track blows, then just don't play it," is a horrible defense.

Pretty sure he meant that Nintendo shouldn't have used it.

But yeah 2 laps would have been better.

User Info: Milla_Maxwell

Milla_Maxwell
5 years ago#12
TheIastspartan posted...
Milla_Maxwell posted...
Cyrlous posted...
Ok, but if it's that bad of a track, then just don't use it.

That's the stupidest s*** I've ever heard.

Tracks are not like Characters where you only need to pick the ones you like and you can ignore the ones you don't.

Tracks are something you HAVE to play to complete the game, and saying "If you don't like how this track blows, then just don't play it," is a horrible defense.

Pretty sure he meant that Nintendo shouldn't have used it.

That doesn't make sense either.

Nintendo has shown that they can make previously dull tracks look great and play great (hence a lot of the SNES courses almost not even being recognizable.)

Saying that Nintendo should skip a specific track, just because its original form was a piece of s*** isn't a good excuse.
"Mommy, how come the wolf always has to be the bad guy? Everybody's mean to them and they always get killed at the end..."
-Ame

User Info: Cyrlous

Cyrlous
5 years ago#13
SalsaSavant posted...
Cyrlous posted...
track, then just don't use it. I didn't really like the original either, but it seems like if they wanna use it they should do it right. I do agree that maybe 2 laps would

Why make a bad track and just say "Well, they can just not use it" when they could make a good one?
And you'd HAVE to play it anyway in GPs and occasionally online.

No, you misunderstand me. I'm saying THEY shouldn't have used it for this game. Nintendo, that is.
The official Ghoul of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board

User Info: toadfan64

toadfan64
5 years ago#14
They changed it because people don't have the attention span they used to have. It all needs to be over in 2 or 3 minutes now.
Brawl FC - 5412-9555-6314
Also known as Toadfan64

User Info: Tallboy2005

Tallboy2005
5 years ago#15
I thought everyone liked the N64 Rainbow Road. I thought it was really stupid to go point to point. The track is almost unnoticable now. No chain chomps, no characters in the sky, boosts, 1 lap? They took a classic great map and ruined it in this game I felt. I understand they need to revamp it a bit due to new physics and all that jazz, but it may as well just be a whole brand new track with all that they changed. :/

User Info: AlbinoCrocodile

AlbinoCrocodile
5 years ago#16
N64's rainbow road was boring then, it's boring now. My attention span is the same as its always been for a racing game.

I just tried it again recently to make sure I remembered it right and yes, boring as all hell. Definitely prefer the point to point format.
Bad Dragon is the best thing to ever happen.

User Info: Dark_Lawl

Dark_Lawl
5 years ago#17
I kinda don't like the idea of making it basically 1 lap, because people who hated it will still probably at least dislike it for having the same design and now being too short, and people who loved it will probably like it a lot less.

In other words, the worst of both worlds.

Maybe a minority of the people who were neutral with or or disliked it will consider it a lot better this way. Perhaps it would've been better not to include it at all if this is how they had to change it.
Gaming is going to die again.

User Info: snake_5036

snake_5036
5 years ago#18
toadfan64 posted...
They changed it because people don't have the attention span they used to have. It all needs to be over in 2 or 3 minutes now.

Please stop trying to justify the insane, absurd, and completely unnecessary length of the original track like it's a good thing. Holding A for 6 minutes is boring as all hell. It has nothing to do with my attention span.
Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady.

User Info: AlphaXero87

AlphaXero87
5 years ago#19
snake_5036 posted...
toadfan64 posted...

Please stop trying to justify the insane, absurd, and completely unnecessary length of the original track like it's a good thing. Holding A for 6 minutes is boring as all hell. It has nothing to do with my attention span.

i disagree with you friend, i played MK since i was a little one and MK64 was one i spent the most time on. I LOVED rainbow road. absolutely loved it. even though it was long . What they did to the level in this game does the original no justice. If you think this is better fine, but there are a lot of us who enjoyed the original.
PSN - AlphaXero87
Nintendo Network ID - AlphaXero

User Info: pyitoechito

pyitoechito
5 years ago#20
Tallboy2005 posted...
I thought everyone liked the N64 Rainbow Road.

The general opinion seems to be that the N64 Rainbow Road was long and boring. The only track hazard was chain chomps, and there are rails along the entire course.

I thought it was really stupid to go point to point. The track is almost unnoticable now.

I feel somewhat the same way. It's a beautiful track, and you should be allowed to enjoy it longer. The general opinion would be to make it 2 laps, instead of 3 sections.

No chain chomps,

Technically, it does have chain chomps.
http://hivesociety.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/an2.gif

no characters in the sky,

They're there, and they aren't neon lights anymore. Now, they're fireworks!
http://cdn.medialib.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/screens/dir_637/image_63774.jpg
http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/mario-kart-8-rainbow-road.jpg

They took a classic great map and ruined it in this game I felt. I understand they need to revamp it a bit due to new physics and all that jazz, but it may as well just be a whole brand new track with all that they changed. :/

The track does retain the same shape of the original, though. You'll see it if you look at a map of both and compare. But it is going to be a completely different experience, since they added boost rings, gliding, wavy sections, and a train with toads that throw coins onto the track... CHOO CHOO!
3DS Friend Code ~ 0559-6763-8070
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. N64 Rainbow Road
  • Topic Archived