• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. Anti-Gravity is a pointless mechanic.

User Info: Ragnaknite

Ragnaknite
6 years ago#1
This is just my opinion and your entitled to say "ok". But I don't understand the point of this feature, if you prospective changes when you enter an anti-grav segment it literally has no effect on how the race plays out what so ever. Bumping into other karts for a speed boost is honestly a fairly uncommon occurance and beyond that not even really an interesting or good idea.

I seriously think this adds nothing to the game. And while it doesn't directly detract from the game, it does detract in the sense that the devs wasted a lot of time putting in this "gimmick". Also it makes the tracks look really stupid.

I don't know I just think it's a dumb addition to the series, and I think with all of these things like coins, underwater, gliders, anti-grav ect pilling up it's taking the series into a poor direction of a game trying to hard to be complex, when it's better off simple.
AMD FX-8350|GTX 760 2GB|16GB Corsair Vengeance|Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0|500GB WD Black|

User Info: Oldfanboy

Oldfanboy
6 years ago#2
I LOVE the bump/speed boost. Great addition, happens a lot actually.

Though anti-gravity is a bit of a disappointment.

Still, a solid game.

User Info: kirbydude385

kirbydude385
6 years ago#3
It doesn't need to completely change Mario Kart as a series. Did gliding do that? No. What it does is open up for even more creative course design, which is always a good thing.
We're just two f***ups. At least we're f***ed up together.
Kairos | Team Magma Admin Courtney of the Omega Ruby Board

User Info: TheGreenLuigi

TheGreenLuigi
6 years ago#4
anti gravity allows electrodrome to exist

the validity of your argument is no longer in service
it's only as serious as you want it to be
"Nobody ever goes and lies on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln

User Info: EHeroHaneKuribo

EHeroHaneKuribo
6 years ago#5
I like that it makes the courses more different and crazy, which is fun. I definitely don't think it shouldn't be here.

I do agree that all the reviewers saying "the bumping adds a whole new level of strategy" were completely BSing and making it out to be far deeper then it is. Its incredibly rare and doesn't make much of a difference at all.

Still, don't expect any proper discussion on these forums. Anything not gushing about how perfect the game is in every way is met with ridicule and flaming. Its like freaking Miiverse in here.

User Info: Oldfanboy

Oldfanboy
6 years ago#6
"the validity of your argument is no longer in service
"

It's a valid argument and one worth discussing. Ignore this bully, TC.

User Info: ArmoredJ

ArmoredJ
6 years ago#7
I think they should have focused more on using it well and sparingly rather than so often as they did. It just doesn't seem to make sense for some of the tracks. But it's not even really a complaint, just a small criticism.
CDayC: The Day GameFAQs United

User Info: TheGreenLuigi

TheGreenLuigi
6 years ago#8
Oldfanboy posted...
"the validity of your argument is no longer in service
"

It's a valid argument and one worth discussing. Ignore this bully, TC.

no

his argument is that antrigrab is pointless

antribab allows electrodrome to exist therefore it has a point therefore not pointless
it's only as serious as you want it to be
"Nobody ever goes and lies on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln

User Info: ScrambyMyEggs

ScrambyMyEggs
6 years ago#9
I see it as a experiment just how a long of things nintendo does. Mario kart 9 may keep anti gravity in a few levels in the next game to add more varied tracks. I disagree with bump boosting though. I use this mostly on anti gravity tracks that have no edges. I hit in expecting people online and 50% of the time they'll get a boost they weren't ready for and fly off while drifting. Try it!

User Info: ScrambyMyEggs

ScrambyMyEggs
6 years ago#10
I'm tired. That was meant to say I hit unaware players
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. Anti-Gravity is a pointless mechanic.
  • Topic Archived

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 3 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 121 Questions (120 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A