Mario Golf World Tour just revealed four unlockable characters (MK8 related)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. Mario Golf World Tour just revealed four unlockable characters (MK8 related)

User Info: greatdimentio

greatdimentio
4 years ago#11
As far as Kamek is concerned, all I ask is that they actually call him Kamek and not Magikoopa.
Known elsewhere as Fawfulthegreat64. Mario RPG fanboy at your service.
Not changing this signature till a Mario RPG character becomes playable in a spinoff.

User Info: toad133

toad133
4 years ago#12
I honestly expect Kamek, if only because he has become such a persistent force in Mario games these days which is why Camelot might have used him.

He's in pretty much every NSMB game.
He's an enemy in the Galaxy games and IIRC 3D Land/World.
Showed up in Paper Mario Sticker Star as a recurring enemy.
Appeared in Mario and Luigi BIS and Dream Team.
Appeared in Yoshi's New Island.
Was playable in Mario Party 9.

Am I forgetting anything? He could easily end up being a vehicle again but I hope not after Shy Guy.
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.

User Info: Nextgrandcross

Nextgrandcross
4 years ago#13
greatdimentio posted...
As far as Kamek is concerned, all I ask is that they actually call him Kamek and not Magikoopa.

That's what they've been doing for the past couple of games.

through they could at least difference Kamek from the other Magikoopa's, I don't know, like a more detail robe or different looking glasses, or even make him look old, this dude has been around for a LONG time, it's surprising he hasn't aged much at all unless his magic makes him never age or something
FC: 3196-4054-9565
Ditto, loudred, lilipup

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
4 years ago#14
greatdimentio posted...

This. Why even bother calling him "magikoopa" when the only one that matters at this point is Kamek?
Tissue to the extreme!
I'd like to be a tree.

User Info: tstumo27

tstumo27
4 years ago#15
SpunkySix posted...
greatdimentio posted...

This. Why even bother calling him "magikoopa" when the only one that matters at this point is Kamek?

Exaclty. Always preferred just the name Kamek. As for this having an impact on the mk8 Roster I do hope Kamek makes it in seeing as he was in mk64 then removed many moons ago. plus he would fit right next to the koopalings and Bowser jr could still be in underneath the bowser row and it sill work out.

User Info: SmashBurb

SmashBurb
4 years ago#16
Pretty sure there isn't an extra row.

User Info: drummer131

drummer131
4 years ago#17
pikachu936 posted...
Huh, Kamek. That's...honestly not a bad idea for a character to fill that last spot next to the Koopalings. Now I'm worried about Bowser Jr. :P

I'm banking on Kamek being a surprise unlockable character. It's past due at this point, methinks.

I think two of the three remaining ?'s in the screenshot showing 30 slots belong to Diddy and Bowser Jr. They're definitely staples at this point.

User Info: Foolish_Banana2

Foolish_Banana2
4 years ago#18
I still have hope for Birdo. The sign at Royal Raceway with Birdo's face on it is what gives me hope the most.
Wii U NNID: Banana_Mew
In Soviet Russia, Soylent Green is reptile.

User Info: IngSlayer

IngSlayer
4 years ago#19
Seems like Boo is a personal favorite of Nintendo (or whoever), considering that they've used him for spin-offs more often than the other mooks.
Sedix: Baffling Artist

User Info: Milla_Maxwell

Milla_Maxwell
4 years ago#20
I'm honestly surprised Rosalina isn't on the roster.

Golf seems like a sport that she would fit in playing.
People who want Havic101 to re-accept my friend request on GameFAQs: 21
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. Mario Golf World Tour just revealed four unlockable characters (MK8 related)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived