• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Show a user's message board posts on their user page

User Info: TebaPlayer

TebaPlayer
2 months ago#1
I was really disappointed when I tried this for the first time.

I found a user that seemed to post really helpful information and went to their user page to look at all of their posts, but quickly found that you can't do that for some reason. It would be really helpful if you could do that.
(Spoiler bird)'s best combo: fully charged ZR, stasis, C2 while holding ZR, Release ZR, C2 while holding ZR, release ZR
@ people to reply to them.

User Info: Mookiethebold

Mookiethebold
2 months ago#2
This used to be a feature but was recently removed. I highly doubt the admins have any intention of bringing it back.
i'll stick around

User Info: amgoosehjonk

amgoosehjonk
2 months ago#3
That used to be a feature but they removed it, for reasons I’m not entirely sure of. If it was a privacy concern, you were able to turn it off on your profile if you wanted to, so I don’t really see why it’s gone.

There’s no way this’ll go through but *sign* anyway
world's biggest incineroar apologist

User Info: TebaPlayer

TebaPlayer
2 months ago#4
Mookiethebold posted...
This used to be a feature but was recently removed. I highly doubt the admins have any intention of bringing it back.

@Mookiethebold
Interesting. Do you know why they removed it?
(Spoiler bird)'s best combo: fully charged ZR, stasis, C2 while holding ZR, Release ZR, C2 while holding ZR, release ZR
@ people to reply to them.

User Info: Xeowulf

Xeowulf
2 months ago#5
TebaPlayer posted...
Interesting. Do you know why they removed it?
To cut down on stalking and harassing. Maybe you should be around longer before making suggestions. Just a suggestion. ;p

User Info: samurai bandit

samurai bandit
2 months ago#6
amgoosehjonk posted...
There’s no way this’ll go through but *sign* anyway

This.

They could just make it so that everyone has a private profile and let people opt in to make it public. While probably not a good enough reason, there are some actual funny gimmick accounts that were nice to track as they did joke topics or tracking users who do frequent in game giveaways
Go and watch Ef ~ A tale of memories now!

User Info: BlackJackCat

BlackJackCat
2 months ago#7
samurai bandit posted...
This.

They could just make it so that everyone has a private profile and let people opt in to make it public. While probably not a good enough reason, there are some actual funny gimmick accounts that were nice to track as they did joke topics or tracking users who do frequent in game giveaways

Yes, I shouldn't have to happen across a Rattergun topic, I must know what that mad lad posts a topic to see how many people take the bait!
This issues still comes to mind now and then
Cake was baking in the oven and mother was making tea for us

User Info: DrRM

DrRM
2 months ago#8
Xeowulf posted...
To cut down on stalking and harassing. Maybe you should be around longer before making suggestions. Just a suggestion. ;p

No need to be spicy :p

*Conditional Sign*

Make it a toggleable option for the user to show or not their messages, like how you can make them private and be it off by default...

"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
1 month ago#9
They shouldnt have removed it to begin with.

*sign*
---

User Info: Notti

Notti
1 month ago#10
*sign*

Here is what I consider the best way to treat user history on a large message board system:

All posts in current topic: Always public (button in topic to get them all)

All posts in current forum: Always public (including archived)

All posts across the entire board system: Private or public toggle (default public)

[old feature didnt separate in-forum from all-forums replies, which is why many turned it off]

Why public? To help weed out troll and alt accounts. Which is imo the most important function of a user history. (helps keep people accountable for what they post) There is little point in hiding your post history on the current forum. Most see most of it anyway if they are active. No big deal.

However forum to forum history is imo, potentially too sensitive. You can toggle it off if you want.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Show a user's message board posts on their user page
  • Post New Message