• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Add the ability to search for the topics in a board by the user who made them

User Info: GeorgeMahPorgie

GeorgeMahPorgie
1 month ago#1
https://imgur.com/W2sFMcB
Here's a mockup of what I mean.
Certified Crazy Person
Formerly known as GMP and a variety of other names. Somehow, I just keep coming back for more.

User Info: Xeowulf

Xeowulf
1 month ago#2
Not likely to happen since they've actually taken away the ability to see other users' post history. I doubt they'd remove that and then add a way to stalk them on any given board.
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan about the GameFAQs boards

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
1 month ago#3
It's unfortunate that stalking and such is the new way of life because I actually like this. I agree that it will probably not happen but im still signing. Maybe make it for "friends" or require a high level.

Signs
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

User Info: THammerstriker

THammerstriker
3 weeks ago#4
I feel like it shouldn't have been removed.

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
3 weeks ago#5
Historically this has pretty much always gotten heavily shot down
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

User Info: TrainerNeo_02

TrainerNeo_02
3 weeks ago#6
Anti sign.
This could possibly lead to an increase in trolls.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

User Info: Accrovideogames

Accrovideogames
2 weeks ago#7
*Conditional Sign*

This should be opt-in and turned off by default. It's a really useful feature that I often wish was available, but I don't want to facilitate harassment. As a workaround, I use the keyboard shortcuts Command+F/Ctrl+F and Command+G/Ctrl+G while changing one page at a time. It's tedious, but it's better than nothing. There should also be an option to only allow friends and/or users at a certain level to search for our topics in any given board.
I'm French speaking.
31/Male/Quebec

User Info: JoeNobody

JoeNobody
1 week ago#8
Accrovideogames posted...
*Conditional Sign*

This should be opt-in and turned off by default. It's a really useful feature that I often wish was available, but I don't want to facilitate harassment. As a workaround, I use the keyboard shortcuts Command+F/Ctrl+F and Command+G/Ctrl+G while changing one page at a time. It's tedious, but it's better than nothing. There should also be an option to only allow friends and/or users at a certain level to search for our topics in any given board.
Another great condition. *conditional* Same here.

A: (Plead the fifth) S: Alien L: Boston, MA
JoeNobody, the Invisible Bourgeoisie. What are you looking at, Proletariat?

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
1 week ago#9
Accrovideogames posted...
*Conditional Sign*

This generally doesn't work. When something is opt-in very few people generally choose to do so which basically makes the effort into adding such a feature pointless.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Add the ability to search for the topics in a board by the user who made them
  • Post New Message