• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Can we go back to the old way reviews look using stars?

User Info: Slykykiske

Slykykiske
2 weeks ago#1
The green/yellow/red boxed number scores look absolutely horrendous.

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
2 weeks ago#2
*signs*

My Social Discord Server, Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/emd
My PMD Rescue Server: https://discord.gg/E57gMQq

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
2 weeks ago#3
*signs*

I finally got used to those stupid hearts, and they change it again...

What's with the useless changes to the site that benefit nobody?

User Info: Foppe

Foppe
2 weeks ago#4
Lord_Wombat posted...
*signs*

I finally got used to those stupid hearts, and they change it again...

What's with the useless changes to the site that benefit nobody?
The code monkey must prove that he is doing anything at all.

*signs*
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: KarsUltimate

KarsUltimate
2 weeks ago#5
Hear, hear! Sigh, gets worse all the time...

*signs*
"Oh glorious Mother Brain! Please save us!"

User Info: Xeowulf

Xeowulf
2 weeks ago#6
*signs*
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan about the GameFAQs boards

User Info: Hasshiro

Hasshiro
2 weeks ago#7
*signs*
I don't cheat. I play by house rules.

User Info: dolphinmage

dolphinmage
2 weeks ago#8
This new way is confusing, since a lot of sites (including this one previously) score out of 10. At least with the hearts, it was obvious that the scores were on a five point scale. Even with the color coding, it isn't clear enough.

*signs*
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: CyanRouge

CyanRouge
2 weeks ago#9
*signs*

I normally wouldn't complain that much about changes to the visual design of the site, but good grief this looks awful. If you're looking at someone's review list, it makes each review take up more space, and the boxes clash against the general visual aesthetic. On top of this, please go back to having the name of the game listed to the left of the review instead of underneath it.
"What is not good they (the foolish) call the worst, and what is not hateful, they call the best." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

User Info: Lightwarrior11

Lightwarrior11
2 weeks ago#10
*signs* (w/ modifications & commentary)

The design before the hearts (which just said "#/10" down the right side in plain font) was the best.
I actually like this new design more than the hearts (since with the hearts it was tricky to see exactly how many hearts each review gave, so e.g. sometimes I thought I saw a 5 when it was actually a 7, etc., and it was slower to scan the scores section w/ my eyes), but do not like how each review takes up 2 lines instead of 1 line now (too cluttered, more difficult to scan w/ your eyes for just dates, just usernames, or just taglines). Also, what is the point of using a decimal point for a #.#/5 rating when you could just use a round number for a #/10 rating? Drop the decimal point if it isn't essential, I say.

The change made to the visual design of the "user ratings" section of each game's home page is even worse than the change to the reviews page.
More cluttered, less informative, too much visual noise in the design of the hearts and the flags.

Please choose numbers over symbols every time, please, GameFAQs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd0T6SjHejw
(edited 2 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Can we go back to the old way reviews look using stars?
  • Post New Message