• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Do you think site needs an official app?

User Info: stugefrued

stugefrued
2 weeks ago#1
I looked in the App Store and i did not see an app for gamefaqs. I think this site deserves an official app just to make things easier and quicker to navigate.

User Info: TrainerNeo_02

TrainerNeo_02
2 weeks ago#2
I honestly don't know if I should sign or not,
I mean i wouldn't anti sign because it could be better, but I'm not signing because-
Nvm I'll just let the 3rd post decide my answer.
If the mods don't close this topic.
239 days left!
This is not a wholesome meme. I think you are a whore.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Kratos15354

Kratos15354
2 weeks ago#3
It's been suggested and considered before, but nothing came of it. What exactly would you want the app to do or do better than accessing the site through a browser?

TrainerNeo_02
2 weeks ago#4
TrainerNeo_02 posted...
I honestly don't know if I should sign or not,
I mean i wouldn't anti sign because it could be better, but I'm not signing because-
Nvm I'll just let the 3rd post decide my answer.
If the mods don't close this topic.
Decided to change my answer to a *sign*https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/4/3/1/AAeosbAAAmMP.jpg
Idk try making a reason TC
239 days left!
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: gmo7897

gmo7897
2 weeks ago#5
Kratos15354 posted...
What exactly would you want the app to do or do better than accessing the site through a browser?
This is the question that is brought up every time an app is suggested. What does having an app actually do to improve the site or the user’s ability to use the site?

other than (maybe) immediate notification, I can’t really think of much an app would do that my mobile browser can’t, and even android now can get notifications, if I’m reading the announcement correctly.
All Things Final Fantasy: http://gmo7897.com/s/atff
There are some walks you have to take alone.

User Info: demonwyrm

demonwyrm
2 weeks ago#6
I'm not against the idea, but I think they've done an amazing job at making the mobile version of the site very user friendly. There are some gaming sites that won't even bother making a mobile version of their sites, let alone an official app.
Nonsense! That is what you speak. Nonsense... from beyond!

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
2 weeks ago#7
I think there's GameRaven if you really want a GameFAQs specific app, though it's an unofficial so it's not going to be supported or managed by the site.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

TrainerNeo_02
2 weeks ago#8
gmo7897 posted...
This is the question that is brought up every time an app is suggested. What does having an app actually do to improve the site or the user’s ability to use the site?

other than (maybe) immediate notification, I can’t really think of much an app would do that my mobile browser can’t, and even android now can get notifications, if I’m reading the announcement correctly.
My go-to is immediate notifications
238 days left!
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: stugefrued

stugefrued
2 weeks ago#9
Yeah guys I’ve never really thought about why n app is important. I just sort of looked to see if they had an app for gamefaqs and when I couldn’t find one I thought it would be cool for it to have an app. I guess an app isn’t really something this site needs, it is just a forum after all and the Mobile browser is fine.

Only benefits I could see an app would have is 1. Instant notifications popping straight up on your phone without you having to open a browser and sign in to see it. 2. Quicker access to the forums, I know clicking on the browser isn’t necessarily slow but hitting an app would still be a bit faster.
stugefrued posted...
Yeah guys I’ve never really thought about why n app is important.
Push notifications, even more gratuitous data gathering, and unblockable ads are the only reason any site "needs" an app.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Do you think site needs an official app?
  • Post New Message