• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Please change back user rating view

User Info: Zantar_16

Zantar_16
3 weeks ago#1
I noticed the user rating display has changed and now it only displays stars for user ratings. I dont like this new format at all because the previous format displayed the exact user rating (for example 3.8 instead of just 3.5 stars) and most importantly it showed how many users voted for that particular game. Its important to see the number of user votes because for instance, a game with a 4.2 rating like Star Ocean: 2nd Story has 1.3k votes while Silent Hill has a 4.2 rating as well but with 2.4k votes. This showcases a difference in popularity and I've always liked looking at the detailed rating with number of votes included. I know there is still a section where you can look at detailed statistics and it contains the total number of user votes but I need it on the main game page because its much much more convenient especially when browsing many games at once. I'd greatly appreciate it if you can revert it back to the way it was before because as an avid user of gamefaqs, the decimal user rating with number of votes has always been very important to me and this format is not good at all in comparison.

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
3 weeks ago#2
*sign*
My Social Discord Server, Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/emd
My PMD Rescue Server: https://discord.gg/E57gMQq

User Info: SoraKH2_Mau

SoraKH2_Mau
3 weeks ago#3
Agreed

User Info: CyanRouge

CyanRouge
3 weeks ago#4
*sign*
"What is not good they (the foolish) call the worst, and what is not hateful, they call the best." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

User Info: Devin Morgan

Devin Morgan
3 weeks ago#5
Just gonna leave this here...

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/games/rankings

User Info: bruhbrahbro

bruhbrahbro
3 weeks ago#6
The section just looks worse in every way. Takes up more space, but gives you less info. Harder to get info at a glance. Icons don't look good.

That said, the likelihood of it being reverted are low since someone spent time on it and they don't want to feel like they wasted their time. I would ask that the actual data just be put underneath the icons if we can't get the old better display back.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: AxemRedRanger

AxemRedRanger
3 weeks ago#7
*signs.*
[NO BARKLEY NO PEACE]
[NO Advokaiser NO PEACE]

Zantar_16
3 weeks ago#8
bruhbrahbro posted...
The section just looks worse in every way. Takes up more space, but gives you less info. Harder to get info at a glance. Icons don't look good.

That said, the likelihood of it being reverted are low since someone spent time on it and they don't want to feel like they wasted their time. I would ask that the actual data just be put underneath the icons if we can't get the old better display back.

Exactly, its a downgrade in every way. Removes the number of votes and simplifies the rating as well.

If what your saying about it being hard to revert is true then yes, in that case it would be best to include the numeric rating along with the number of votes next to the icons.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Zantar_16
3 weeks ago#9
Devin Morgan posted...
Just gonna leave this here...

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/games/rankings

Yes I'm glad the advanced search and ranking pages still contain the numeric rating instead of stars, but we still need the numeric ratings on the actual games page along with the number of votes. Conveniently seeing the number of votes for a game is especially important because there is a big difference in a 4.0 rated game with 10 votes vs a 4.0 rated game with 1000 votes...

If the new icons cannot be reverted at least include the numeric rating and number of votes back on the page...
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: worldchampion

worldchampion
3 weeks ago#10
I'm also here to say change back rankings. It's really annoying now. Although can still click on "more statistics and details" to find out but it's just extra hassle. I'm sure a lot of people are really upset and just say polite here because don't want to get banned. If there was a physical location of this site it would be burned to the ground and riots.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Please change back user rating view
  • Topic Closed