• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. It's time to rethink the purge

User Info: daftpunk_mk5

daftpunk_mk5
1 week ago#1
We all know this site is a shadow of what it used to be. Traffic is way down thanks to reddit and yet social boards are still purging topics after a couple days. This doesnt make any sense. Bare minimum should be a week before purge but tbh I think we're getting to a point where topics should just stay up and be archived on boards like CE.
Some say that his voice can only be heard by cats, and that he has two sets of knees... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
1 week ago#2
*antisign*
This site is like one big PnPRPG. Sometimes it's fun to be the good guy, sometimes it's fun to be the bad guy.
Don't be offended if I'm surly, I just hate you.

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
1 week ago#3
Lord_Wombat posted...
*antisign*
Things are fine as is IMO so this
My Social Server, Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/emd
My PMD Rescue Server: https://discord.gg/E57gMQq

User Info: Mookiethebold

Mookiethebold
1 week ago#4
antisign

In case you didn't know, Devin already adjusted the purge rate in Feb. 2019. No need to do so again.

The nightly cleanup process archives or deletes older topics from boards every night. With a few exceptions, topics on non-social message boards are archived indefinitely, and social board posts are permanently deleted.

Non-stickied topics are cleaned up based on the order of the last post made in a topic, newest to oldest:
Topics 1-5: Never archived or deleted
Topics 6-20: 1 Year
Topics 21-40: 6 Months
Topics 41-100: 3 Months
Topics 101-200: 30 Days
Topics 201-400: 10 Days
Topics 401-750: 5 Days
Topics 751-1000: 2 Days
Topics 1001+: Always archived or deleted

Topics are purged or archived between 3AM and 5AM Pacific nightly.
roll me under
The purge was already adjusted last year, doing almost exactly what the TC is asking for now.

Anti-sign to adding archiving anywhere that doesn't already have it.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

User Info: TrainerNeo_02

TrainerNeo_02
1 week ago#6
*antisign*
I'm like post Malone but without the Post m part.

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
6 days ago#7
-hotdogturtle-- posted...
The purge was already adjusted last year, doing almost exactly what the TC is asking for now.

Anti-sign to adding archiving anywhere that doesn't already have it.

I was confused for a few minutes because this is exactly what I was thinking. I never thought the purge schedule would ever be changed so I'm thankful it has been updated.

Edit: What I would love to see is a very very limited ability to revive old archived topics that can be updated with new useful info or whatever. But I concede it has the potential to be abused and probably too much work on the back end.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...
(edited 6 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. It's time to rethink the purge
  • Post New Message