• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Automatically hide a post that has been reported for spoilers

User Info: HipsterSora

HipsterSora
2 weeks ago#1
On lots of social media / forum websites there will be visual guards for content marked as NSFW, where you can click "show anyway" to reveal the obscured post. I propose that once a post is reported for spoilers, it is immediately hidden and replaced with a message noting the spoiler report and an option to reveal. Once a mod gets to the spoiler post in question, it will either be removed for its spoilery content, remain with a warning, or stay untouched without warning if no spoilers.

Then in your settings, you can choose options to override this feature if it comes from friends, followers, or anyone.

The only downfall of this feature I can think of is that people could abuse it by reporting content they don't want people to interact with, for whatever reason. The obvious fix there is to make it punishable to abuse the spoiler report for a post that cannot unfathomably be considered a spoiler by any stretch. Overall though, I think this is the best way to prevent spoilers.
Trying to Learn Spanish, help? | Reading Jojolion
"It is well known that the Heartless harbor an intense hatred of shirts." -keybladesrus

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
2 weeks ago#2
This is in good faith, but any automated systems can and will be abused by people. Making abuse punishable is not enough of a deterrent, because spiteful or trolly people will do it anyway, even at the risk of their own accounts.

I would support this if we can brainstorm a better implementation for it, but I can't back this in its current state.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
2 weeks ago#3
*anti-sign*

It'd just encourage people to create alts for spoilers.
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
Ceterum autem censeo Gamefaqs separandam esse.

User Info: HipsterSora

HipsterSora
2 weeks ago#4
DragonAtma posted...
*anti-sign*

It'd just encourage people to create alts for spoilers.
it could just be a feature you unlock with a certain karma rank
Trying to Learn Spanish, help? | Reading Jojolion
"It is well known that the Heartless harbor an intense hatred of shirts." -keybladesrus

User Info: -Unowninator-

-Unowninator-
2 weeks ago#5
HipsterSora posted...
it could just be a feature you unlock with a certain karma rank
Reporting posts already is a feature you unlock with enough karma.
''25 posts in and no one has addressed the orignal question. Also, I'm continuing that streak :P'' ~ Lord_Zenki
Join the unknown: http://goo.gl/S75cmn

User Info: Thunderbird8

Thunderbird8
2 weeks ago#6
This is too easily abused. Add in the fact that this type of report probably takes longer than others because you'd need a mod who is familiar with the material in question AND doesn't have an issue with potentially being spoiled...
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Automatically hide a post that has been reported for spoilers
  • Post New Message