• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Create an official link to APotD

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
2 weeks ago#21
Signs

Alternatively, just actually moderate the original board and make people actually talk about the polls. Whichever is easier.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
Lose 50 experience

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
2 weeks ago#22
*tentative support*

Basically, if there is no other solution, then sure - make a link to the APotD board. But technically, it's better to do something more like this:

SinisterSlay posted...
Alternatively, just actually moderate the original board and make people actually talk about the polls. Whichever is easier.

For some reason mods have been very adamantly opposed to this action or doing anything about the PotD board at all. Even just removing the link from the poll results. I've no idea why, honestly but I don't really expect them to have a change of heart, so perhaps APotD being more prominently featured is the only option left.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: The_Mighty_KELP

The_Mighty_KELP
2 weeks ago#23
vlado_e posted...
For some reason mods have been very adamantly opposed to this action or doing anything about the PotD board at all. Even just removing the link from the poll results.
No, this absolutely should not happen. PotD has been a social board since its inception, AFAIK, and it's far too late to change it now. There are people who like it the way it is, and there's nothing wrong with the board, except that it doesn't live up to its name in terms of topical discussion.
Link to the Actual GameFAQs Poll of the Day Board: https://tinyurl.com/actualpoll
Discuss the poll of the day! Topicality is enforced.
The_Mighty_KELP posted...
No, this absolutely should not happen. PotD has been a social board since its inception, AFAIK, and it's far too late to change it now. There are people who like it the way it is, and there's nothing wrong with the board, except that it doesn't live up to its name in terms of topical discussion.
Good point.
Y

User Info: Invader_Zak

Invader_Zak
2 weeks ago#25
*signs*

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
2 weeks ago#26
The_Mighty_KELP posted...
except that it doesn't live up to its name in terms of topical discussion

And the fact that it is directly advertised as its name and for the purpose of its name.

Removing the link should have been done a long time ago and is suitable action.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

The_Mighty_KELP
2 weeks ago#27
vlado_e posted...
And the fact that it is directly advertised as its name and for the purpose of its name.

Removing the link should have been done a long time ago and is suitable action.
Technically, you can still discuss the poll on PotD. The community just makes that a very unpleasant experience. And it's very hard to change communities once they've become entrenched.

For the purposes of this petition, I'd prefer that no one talk about changing PotD, except for the proposed stickied link. If something could have been done, it would have already been done, and suggesting changes to PotD at this point will unnecessarily expand the scope of this suggestion. I think it's better to leave it the way it is, and offer an alternative to the people who are looking for one.
Link to the Actual GameFAQs Poll of the Day Board: https://tinyurl.com/actualpoll

User Info: demonwyrm

demonwyrm
2 weeks ago#28
For whatever reason I do it (weird curiosity, I guess) I was over looking through the Ask the Mods board and I came across your massive topic... and I read through the whole thing. I noticed you posted a link to my very question asking them what the deal is with the PotD board. One of them directed me to your community board. I immediately bookmarked the link and I visit it any time I think a poll might be interesting to talk about.

*signs*
Nonsense! That is what you speak. Nonsense... from beyond!

User Info: 16-BITTER

16-BITTER
2 weeks ago#29
*signs*

Possibly the most thoroughly argued suggestion I've ever seen here.
The folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most.

The_Mighty_KELP
2 weeks ago#30
demonwyrm posted...
For whatever reason I... came across your massive topic...
Yes, it definitely was that. XD

demonwyrm posted...
and I read through the whole thing.
*stock footage of a giant audience cheering starts playing out of nowhere*
What... what just happened there? That was very odd. ?_?

16-BITTER posted...
Possibly the most thoroughly argued suggestion I've ever seen here.
Thoroughness! We've achieved thoroughness! Huzzah! :D
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Create an official link to APotD
  • Post New Message