• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Get rid of "can't quote a post" walls

User Info: HipsterSora

HipsterSora
4 weeks ago#1
Have you ever reported a post, then found yourself unable to quote that same post? At least, not by going and manually quoting it? I just had this problem, and was somewhat dumbfounded. Sure, it makes sense that they want to limit the spread of potentially rule-breaking posts, but not 100% of a post is going to contain these rule-breaking pieces.

For instance, I just marked a very long post for a line of unmarked spoilers. I then went to go and respond to the post, but couldn't quote even though I would have manually marked the person's spoilers or would have highlight-quoted specific pieces of the post that don't break the ToU.

There are other reasons you will get this pop up that you can't quote a specific post, and I think that while this function was made with good intentions it didn't live up to being the quality of life change they thought it would be.
Trying to Learn Spanish, help? | Reading Jojolion
"It is well known that the Heartless harbor an intense hatred of shirts." -keybladesrus

User Info: -Unowninator-

-Unowninator-
2 weeks ago#2
*signs* Although there are ways around it, like using an alt, or reporting it after quoting it.
''25 posts in and no one has addressed the orignal question. Also, I'm continuing that streak :P'' ~ Lord_Zenki
Join the unknown: http://goo.gl/S75cmn

User Info: momo92

momo92
2 days ago#3
-Unowninator- posted...
*signs* Although there are ways around it, like using an alt, or reporting it after quoting it.

"Music speaks when words fail!" Dokkan ID:748737433
XBL GT: Pathos Da Ghost
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Get rid of "can't quote a post" walls
  • Post New Message