• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. This site should make it so you can block a user by just clicking on their name.

User Info: XDummyX

XDummyX
1 year ago#31
Anti-sign.

Leaning into echo chamber forum design degrades both the quality of discussion and the userbase. Ignore does the job on a personal level and moderation exists take care of issues on a public level, rather than incentivizing the hamfisted combination of them both via a low effort block response.

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
1 year ago#32
How about an option to automatically add everyone on ignore to block as well?

I mean..... it really should have just been included in the first place.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: OlddanTrucker

OlddanTrucker
1 year ago#33
Kinda scary a lot of 1984 suggestions being in place.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
1 year ago#34
OlddanTrucker posted...
Kinda scary a lot of 1984 suggestions being in place.
If you mean "nothing at all like 1984 but I want to sound edgy" then you're correct. Because I don't really remember O'Brien really mentioning "block" or "ignore" while talking about the Party.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: Z6980

Z6980
1 year ago#35
I have never blocked anyone literally ever, mainly because I rarely go on the boards. But I agree that it should be easy to do.

User Info: Lyrica

Lyrica
10 months ago#36
Anti-sign

The block feature should be removed. I don't think users should have control over what another user can see or what topics another user can post in. As it stands, there are people who block others simply for disagreeing with them. If you wish to ignore someone and censor yourself, that's fine; but having the ability to censor others defeats the purpose of discussion.

Either remove the block feature or have it regulated by mods so that blocking actually occurs in instances of true harassment instead of "I don't like your opinion, now you can't ever participate in any topics I create."

User Info: lunamoon7

lunamoon7
10 months ago#37
Lyrica posted...
Anti-sign

The block feature should be removed. I don't think users should have control over what another user can see or what topics another user can post in. As it stands, there are people who block others simply for disagreeing with them. If you wish to ignore someone and censor yourself, that's fine; but having the ability to censor others defeats the purpose of discussion.

Either remove the block feature or have it regulated by mods so that blocking actually occurs in instances of true harassment instead of "I don't like your opinion, now you can't ever participate in any topics I create."
I agree with everything you said!

Anti-Sign too!
Hehehe... I'm coming for you!

User Info: Splatterhouse5

Splatterhouse5
10 months ago#38
Lyrica posted...

I agree as well.

What's ironic is that this selfsame explanation was given by a lead mod in the past as to why there WOULDN'T be blocking on these boards:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/2-message-board-help/72444090

OTACON120 posted...
What you are asking for is a Block feature which is never going to happen as we are never going to allow users to directly control what other users are able to view on public boards.
Police abolition: the fascist's fear.

User Info: lunamoon7

lunamoon7
10 months ago#39
Splatterhouse5 posted...
I agree as well.

What's ironic is that this selfsame explanation was given by a lead mod in the past as to why there WOULDN'T be blocking on these boards:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/2-message-board-help/72444090
Interesting... I wonder why they changed their Mind?
Hehehe... I'm coming for you!

User Info: stahlbaum

stahlbaum
10 months ago#40
Users continued to want this feature despite the drawbacks so the administration decided to go for it.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. This site should make it so you can block a user by just clicking on their name.
  • Post New Message