• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. There needs to be an auto-block feature when you report someone's posts.

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
5 days ago#11
Just because you think one topic should be removed, it doesn't mean everything they write should be removed.

*anti-sign*
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
Ceterum autem censeo Gamefaqs separandam esse.

User Info: GreenKnight127

GreenKnight127
5 days ago#12
DragonAtma posted...
Just because you think one topic should be removed, it doesn't mean everything they write should be removed.

*anti-sign*

It's not being "removed". It's just being visually hidden for you.

[shrugs]
Offensive (according to GameFaqs): sexually explicit, gory, or other obscene content.
Different opinions are not offensive unless they contain these elements.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
5 days ago#13
GreenKnight127 posted...
"Maybe they're just having a bad day."

Unless you're the Dalai Lama, I don't think anyone is that sympathetic towards trolls.

Block/ignore, and move on with your life. There are thousands of other users you can interact with. The loss of one is no skin off your back.

Unless, of course, you REALLY relied on that individual for arguments, entertainment, and trolling purposes of your own, which is usually the case in all my observations. Whether people can be honest enough to say that out loud is another story.

You're still generalising from a single report to the entire posting history of the user. I've reported some people once and they've not been "trolls". As in, actual ones - whose purpose is board disruption.

I don't want to ignore anyone who has a single post I've reported because I do generally find value in what people post even if I disagree with them. I don't mean "argue back and forth" but simply "not think the same as they do". Variety is the spice of life, some say, and for me - variety of opinions is why I come to message boards. Some may hold opinions different to mine and I am not put off by that. Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps I am not but neither are they and they bring up something I've not actually considered. There are some people I frequently find I hold an opposing opinion to, yet I still value what they have to say. If I were to just ignore anybody who I don't like, then it's just building an echo chamber with extra steps.

Of course, there are some who don't really bring anything to the table. The real trolls are habitually about disrupting discussion. And I do make a distinction between those and somebody I didn't like one time. It seems like you don't, however.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: Mauron

Mauron
5 days ago#14
GreenKnight127 posted...
You can no longer stalk
Please don't put words in my mouth. If I happen upon someone's posts, I will react to it as I see fit. You're welcome to do the same.
A ladle, that thing that's halfway between a whisk and a frying pan. ~ Tomba42
http://maurtopia.com
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. There needs to be an auto-block feature when you report someone's posts.
  • Topic Closed