• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Suggestion: Add sort type option in game rankings to sort by number of votes.

User Info: Zantar_16

Zantar_16
1 week ago#1
One of the main reasons I love GameFaqs and prefer it over all other video game websites is that it prioritizes user votes over critic votes. The current game ranking system is great and I would love an option to sort games by number of votes. This is because it allows us to see not only which games are highly rated, but it shows how many votes a game has which contributed to its overall rating.

For example, lets say I filter highest ranking PS2 games with a minimum vote amount of 1000. For arguments sake lets say Final Fantasy 12 has a rating of 4.3 with over 10k votes and Okami has a rating of 4.7 with over 1k votes. Okami would be ranked above FF12 in this case, but I think there needs to be an option to sort by number of votes so we can see not only the rating of a game, but how many users contributed to that rating. Because maybe if FF12 only had 1k votes it might've also been near a 4.7 like Okami is.

I would greatly appreciate it if this feature was added and I believe so will most users.

User Info: TimeSquid

TimeSquid
1 week ago#2
*sign*
There isn’t really a downside to this, I’m on with it.
Leader Of The Scorbunny Squad And Cinderace Crew.

TimeSquid
1 week ago#3
But don’t make users forced to use it.

Zantar_16
1 week ago#4
TimeSquid posted...
But don’t make users forced to use it.

Yes this would not be enforced on users, it would simply be another 'sort type' option.

TimeSquid
1 week ago#5
Zantar_16 posted...
Yes this would not be enforced on users, it would simply be another 'sort type' option.
I see.

Zantar_16
1 week ago#6
Is my suggestion being petitioned for btw? I'm not sure how to tell.

TimeSquid
1 week ago#7
1 vote so far...

Zantar_16
1 week ago#8
TimeSquid posted...
1 vote so far...
Appreciate it but where do I check how many votes it has?

TimeSquid
1 week ago#9
You can’t.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Suggestion: Add sort type option in game rankings to sort by number of votes.
  • Post New Message