• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Can we get a notification anytime we get quoted?

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
1 month ago#41
TimeSquid posted...
Anti-signs
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
1 month ago#42
Signs

I've always wanted this. For those that don't, just turn it off like the trophy one.
No offense to anyone, but if you are posting so much that notifications are actually getting annoying, it might be time to take a rest from the computer screen and get outside or something.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

User Info: TimeSquid

TimeSquid
1 month ago#43
TriforceSD posted...
Signs

I've always wanted this. For those that don't, just turn it off like the trophy one.
No offense to anyone, but if you are posting so much that notifications are actually getting annoying, it might be time to take a rest from the computer screen and get outside or something.
Sure, once I get the freedom to go around my neighborhood without getting shot.
Leader Of The Scorbunny Squad And Cinderace Crew.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
1 month ago#44
TriforceSD posted...
For those that don't, just turn it off like the trophy one.
How do I turn off the degradation of conversation that the feature leads to? I've seen it in other places and many people will just turn up, post something, and only post something if quoted. And since they don't participate in the rest of the thread, they usually don't notice that they start re-stating something that was stated and discussed already. So out of 100 message thread, you might have at least 20 be a repeat of something said, which leads to another 20 explaining how those are not relevant any more.

That's the reason I don't like it. Some have put forward the argument that it would "increase engagement" in some fashion, but if the engagement leads to worse experience to the ones already engaged, that's not a goal I support.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Axews

Axews
4 weeks ago#45
*conditional sign*

It would be a nice thing, but to don't make it annoying, better make it an option that's off by default.
Hella strange.

User Info: SoulFox

SoulFox
4 weeks ago#46
*sign*

As long as it's a setting that can be turned off/on, this shouldn't be an issue to anyone.

User Info: desuno-to

desuno-to
4 weeks ago#47
Slowly but surely it looks like this is getting there. I know with the anti-signs it's still a long ways to go, but it's kinda neat to see a suggestion actually gain traction to the point where implementation is a possibility.
The difference a letter makes:
"i'm with tc about this" - "watashi mo onani desu"
I would anti-sign, but if it's an option that can be toggled, then I'm fine with that.

*signs*
Link to the Actual GameFAQs Poll of the Day Board: https://tinyurl.com/actualpoll
Discuss the poll of the day! Topicality is enforced.

User Info: MudKip_Master

MudKip_Master
3 weeks ago#49
Bump

This feature would be great

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
3 weeks ago#50
MudKip_Master posted...
Bump

This feature would be great
It really wouldn't.
"In the end we're all dicks".-ReiderAsmadi
Candy, tastes like chicken if chicken was a candy -Toki Wartooth
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Can we get a notification anytime we get quoted?
  • Post New Message