• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Prevent blocked users from seeing your quoted posts

User Info: p-m

p-m
1 month ago#1
There's just no need for it and it allows people you have no desire to interact with on any level to still gather information for harassment. I took one long term harasser temporarily off block this evening and found he's been compulsively replying to every post where I'm quoted.

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
1 month ago#2
*sign*
My Social Server, Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/emd
My PMD Rescue Server: https://discord.gg/E57gMQq

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
1 month ago#3
*anti-sign*

This is problematic - it can be used to further degrade the experience on the site by blocking other people. If Bob has Alice blocked and Carol quotes Bob, then what does Alice see?

- The whole post by Carol but with the quote edited out? The post now lacks context and can be misinterpreted.
- The whole post by Carol is also blocked? This means that Alice is missing out on something that might be relevant, even if only part of it is related to Bob's quote.

It's even more problematic when Dave quotes Carol - what does Alice see *then*?

It's a recursively problematic suggestion. Any solution can be used to harass Alice by excluding her from conversations or making any conversation suddenly worse for her.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: Iran

Iran
1 month ago#4
*sign*
Still have someone harassing me despite being blocked
I couldn't get away.

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
1 month ago#5
*antisign*
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
Ceterum autem censeo Gamefaqs separandam esse.

User Info: Thunderbird8

Thunderbird8
1 month ago#6
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/6-gamefaqs-announcements/77901669

I can't see this happening, because this was the way things originally worked, but it was changed because it was wrecking conversation flow.

User Info: TheReasoner1

TheReasoner1
1 month ago#7
anti-sign

I think the current 'blocking' feature is as far as this should go.

If this suggestion were implemented, then if I quote someone who happens to have certain people blocked (something I have no way of knowing) then my post will be hidden from those people, even though I wasn't ignoring or blocking ANYBODY.

That's too much power given to the person doing the blocking. I want everyone to be able to see my posts. If they specifically ignore ME, fine. But if they aren't ignoring me, they should see my posts, no matter who I quote.

The only way this would be "fair" is if I can see everyone's block list, so that I know if my post will be hidden from some people if I quote someone. And obviously that shouldn't happen.

And this STILL won't stop someone who is determined to "stalk" you. They can just log out or use a new account to see everything.
signature

User Info: ironyisntdead

ironyisntdead
1 month ago#8
*anti-sign*
You havent set a signature for the message boards yet

User Info: nesplayer

nesplayer
1 month ago#9
TheReasoner1 posted...

And this STILL won't stop someone who is determined to "stalk" you. They can just log out or use a new account to see everything.

this is why an anti-sign would come from nesplayer

User Info: JoeNobody

JoeNobody
4 weeks ago#10
@farplanedragon, should you say it this time, or should I?
Nobody owns this account - Yeah Baby!
What are YOU looking at, proletariat? I'm the invisible bourgeoisie.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Prevent blocked users from seeing your quoted posts
  • Post New Message