• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Withdrew a Moderation Dispute

User Info: 91210user

91210user
3 months ago#1
Hello, being moderated gives me a box along with a few other details. Sometimes giving moderation details gives me the option to dispute or accept. So the option to file a dispute is there and I type whatever to explain why the post wasn't a violation of ToS however the chances whatever are, myself or any users type can be venting and it doesn't look good on us but this is because of how we react to being moderated with the details posted. I think it's something all the users who've been moderated have to go through and I think anyone would react a lot more and vent then think about what's really going on and type or even accept the moderation and there are always second thoughts.

I don't think I know how long a moderation report lasts and it would rude just to ignore it for a long time, so I think many would type and not think about the entire situation, so just in case of a second thoughts after filing a dispute, would it be possible to withdraw a dispute and have it automatically filed as accepted?
(message deleted)

User Info: atmasabr

atmasabr
2 months ago#3
It looks like it would require the site to undo a change they made in how low-penalty moderations are handled (as I noticed you are no longer able to appeal Message Deleted moderations up to the administrator). When you could dispute twice, you could accept after the first dispute failed.

I would support being able to Accept a moderation in those cases where a second moderator has explained the reasoning and the moderation is no longer appealable.
Do your own research!

91210user
2 months ago#4
Maybe, it usually takes 24 hours to get an answer for the dispute. That is a lot of time. I should mention the propose feature should only be active for 15 to 30 minutes. Like the edit buttons on the forum posts, only 5 minutes to edit or it stays and discussion continues. A nice way to tell us, to care a bit more with forum posts. We can even delete forum posts. We get text boxes for disputes, so why can't be delete or withdraw our disputes in an amount of time?

Even when they offer another chance to dispute, I think the mods are going to be waiting, so it takes their time. Maybe quicker to having to withdraw it to automatically accept hours prior.

I've read post number 2 when it was posted. It does return a message and it is usually something I wouldn't like. I think we deserve, maybe that chance to withdraw the dispute after its been sent for 30 minutes as I wouldn't expect many users to get their disputes accepted from their first try.

... and yeah, I would say it's better to accept a moderation as it's done in private.

User Info: miki_sauvester

miki_sauvester
2 weeks ago#5
Why would you bother disputing a moderation anyways. Everytime I get moderated for a post, I just repost it and the second time I don't get modded for it. Moderating is super inconsistent on this site since it depends on the individual moderator's mood at the time, so reposting the supposedly offending post almost never has any consequence.

91210user
2 weeks ago#6
miki_sauvester posted...
Why would you bother disputing a moderation anyways. Everytime I get moderated for a post, I just repost it and the second time I don't get modded for it. Moderating is super inconsistent on this site since it depends on the individual moderator's mood at the time, so reposting the supposedly offending post almost never has any consequence.

I do notice they are inconsistencies in moderation but only because I think the system is showing it's age compared to what's going on. I wouldn't think it reflects the mods mood when they hand out whatever and no... that isn't me kissing mods feet. It comes across as the summaries are always sectioned in a such a way that moderators have to just click the reason filed and hand them out which fit the post but users get crafty, railing users to be presented with the moderation screen.

Why would anyone dispute a post? Why I even use the function, because I would react to what's been bought upon me. Doesn't seem what I get bought on is reflective sometimes, so I try to dispute it but then is that the idea? Hell, who even asked for a dispute system anyway? Wasn't me but again, I think it is because the summaries are aging because users are just crafty and are aware and just enjoy railing other users into the pits of moderation and feel good to tell. It's coming across that way!
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Withdrew a Moderation Dispute
  • Post New Message