• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. People quoting massive images in threads is out of hand

User Info: ironyisntdead

ironyisntdead
2 months ago#11
*signs*
You havent set a signature for the message boards yet

User Info: firedraco2

firedraco2
2 months ago#12
*signs*
Well when I asked this one cute girl out during lunch, I got laughed at because I was wearing this ridiculous cape called the Ebisu Rainment. -NeoseekerDarkKn

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
2 months ago#13
*signs*
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.

User Info: zebatov

zebatov
1 month ago#14
LOOOPS posted...
Check this page out for a perfect example of how absurd this is.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/179835-resident-evil-2/77924709?page=1

How can post #25 there flat-out call someone a moron and not get modded for it? Smh 🙄😔

And yeah that doesn’t bother me at all. But I wouldn’t care if they shrunk them and I had to click to open. I already have to do that with some text.
"Her name is fitting."

User Info: Tarrum

Tarrum
1 month ago#15
LOOOPS posted...
JoeNobody posted...
MIASU

However, turning it into a link when it's inside a quote does sound good.

* signs *

Mark it and shut up? Since when is quoting images a markable offence?

Since your mom. Nothing offensive, just your mom. Obviously without that lady you wouldn't be here yourself to get pissy about stuff just like I do (so my mom aswell). Would you like a piece of toblerone?

signs
Penis

User Info: TheReasoner1

TheReasoner1
1 month ago#16
I don't know if this would be easier to program, but...

Quotes are hidden 3 layers deep. If you put an image inside 2 quote boxes, it becomes hidden if the post is quoted. Maybe this could be automated, but it might present other issues.

I mean like this (try quoting it):

https://i.imgtc.ws/jEtCwF7.jpg

signature

User Info: CyanRouge

CyanRouge
1 month ago#17
*signs*

If the post is still up, than I obviously don't need to view the picture 10 more times. They should just have a link that displays within quoted replies. Not only does this make the viewing experience more pleasing, but it would also speed up the load times of topics.
"What is not good they (the foolish) call the worst, and what is not hateful, they call the best." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
1 month ago#18
CyanRouge posted...
but it would also speed up the load times of topics.

There shouldn't be any extra load, though. A picture included several times would just be downloaded once by the browser. And since the rendering would be the same, there should be a negligible CPU overhead.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: ArchonKnight

ArchonKnight
1 month ago#19
vlado_e posted...
CyanRouge posted...
but it would also speed up the load times of topics.

There shouldn't be any extra load, though. A picture included several times would just be downloaded once by the browser. And since the rendering would be the same, there should be a negligible CPU overhead.

Not on mobile, it seems. They all pop in in succession, no matter how many of the same image is posted or quoted.
{]xxxxxxxxx(&)::::;;;;;:::::::::::::::::::::;;;;::::::::::::::::>
Memento Mori

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
1 month ago#20
I have heard that there is some kind of solution to this now. Now when you quote it automatically excludes previous quotes.
Shoot first, think never.
FC: 3669-3715-9081
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. People quoting massive images in threads is out of hand
  • Post New Message