You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Saving the colour scheme

User Info: VS11v

VS11v
4 weeks ago#1
Whenever I log in to GameFAQs, the colour scheme reverts to the default blue. I would greatly appreciate it if your chosen colour scheme could remain on your profile for as long as you desire, rather than reverting every session.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: MorbidEngel

MorbidEngel
4 weeks ago#2
That might be a cookies issue? I set it to blue/black and it only changes back when my cookies expire.
I am a super sandwich!
http://www.last.fm/user/ToxicOrochi

VS11v
4 weeks ago#3
What I want is for the colour theme to stay on my account regardless of which device and session I am logged into (i.e. during private browsing)

User Info: ArchonKnight

ArchonKnight
4 weeks ago#4
*sign*

If there is a way to tie your color scheme choice to your account, that'd be nice.
{]xxxxxxxxx(&)::::;;;;;:::::::::::::::::::::;;;;::::::::::::::::>
Memento Mori

User Info: gmo7897

gmo7897
4 weeks ago#5
I believe this was actually an intentional decision, but I can’t remember exactly why. I’m not saying I’m for or against the idea; I’m just fairly certain it’s intentionally set this way for a specific reason.
All Things Final Fantasy: http://gmo7897.com/s/atff
There are some walks you have to take alone.

User Info: -hotdogturtle--

-hotdogturtle--
4 weeks ago#6
Color schemes used to be an account setting, before they changed to the current system of using a cookie. So they did have reasons for doing it this way.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

VS11v
4 weeks ago#7
Is it okay to make it an account setting again, or is it better leaving it as a cookie?

User Info: Thunderbird8

Thunderbird8
4 weeks ago#8
If it's an either/or situation, having it as a cookie has a couple different advantages:
1. It allows users who don't have an account (either they don't want to make one, or they're underage) to set a color scheme and keep it around for awhile.
2. Users with accounts who browse on multiple devices can set different schemes per device. On my laptop, I use the default color scheme, but on my phone, I have a different scheme applied.

I don't use private browsing features on any browser, so I can't comment on that side of things.

VS11v
4 weeks ago#9
If possible, what I want is an option to tie a default colour scheme to your account while still having those two advantages. The only difference would be how whenever you log in on a new session, your current chosen colour will be the default for your account; blue will be the default for guests and they can still change their own colour schemes whenever they want. You can also set different colour themes per session as you could now.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Mauron

Mauron
4 weeks ago#10
-hotdogturtle-- posted...
Color schemes used to be an account setting, before they changed to the current system of using a cookie. So they did have reasons for doing it this way.

At the moment they're both, but the selections are different. I use Awesome Mode from the account setting and Cotton Candy from the color selection.
A ladle, that thing that's halfway between a whisk and a frying pan. ~ Tomba42
http://maurtopia.com
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Saving the colour scheme