You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. The ability to SAVE formatted FAQs quickly for offline use.

User Info: Apocalypse612

Apocalypse612
1 week ago#1
Topic title. I find it extremely tedius to copy over HTML documents for offline use from GameFAQS. I literally have to copy / paste each page manually into microsoft word. Having a 1-click way to do this would be great (or any similiar method).

With normal guides that are non-html, this is quick and easy with the "Text-View" mode.

Thanks, and best regards.
Christ has returned! www.ra-el.org
Flee Babylon (USA) before it's too late! Lord RayEl!

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
1 week ago#2
Can't you just right-click and save the webpage?
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/fexbndS
Eevee-Trainer posted...
Can't you just right-click and save the webpage?

That would only work for the current page. They'd still have to go and save each section of the guide separately since the site got rid of the "view as single page" option a while back and split them all up into multiple pages, presumably for more ad money.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
1 week ago#4
mastergamer0001 posted...
the site got rid of the "view as single page" option a while back

To recollection, adding ?single=1 to the end of the URL for the first page of a guide should do the trick in that respect.
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/fexbndS
Eevee-Trainer posted...
mastergamer0001 posted...
the site got rid of the "view as single page" option a while back

To recollection, adding ?single=1 to the end of the URL for the first page of a guide should do the trick in that respect.

Just tested it and it works, so that's good to know. It still should never have been removed as an option though. I've seen guides where entire pages have been maybe one paragraph long, sometimes even less.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

User Info: Devin Morgan

Devin Morgan
1 week ago#6
The links will most likely not work if you're using that single-page view, just so you're aware...

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
2 days ago#7
I get so tired of "slideshow" articles when reading online news, so I installed something called re-pagination to get around it. I wonder if that would work with FAQ's to get the whole thing to show up at once so you can copy and paste it over?

Just a thought, I need to try it out here. Been a while since I saved a guide to my computer.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. The ability to SAVE formatted FAQs quickly for offline use.