• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Accusing someone of a made up mental illness should be ban-worthy

User Info: JaeredMack

JaeredMack
1 week ago#1
Using the made up terms "TDS" or Trump Derangement Syndrome, or any other made up variant of it, to attack another user should result in a ban. Full IP, no questions asked.

It is time GameFAQS starting taking the radical right (those responsible for countless real-world violent acts, that incubated on-line) seriously and removed them from the platform.

This is an easy way to start.
Sanders '20 | the 1% is comfortable enough.
Founder, GameFAQs Inclusivity+ Initiative 2019 - Promoting Equality and Unity for Everyone

User Info: SoulFox

SoulFox
1 week ago#2
I don't engage in political matters, but you honestly seem to have the wrong attitude about this. You suggest removing an entire group of people from the site because of things you think they did outside the site...that doesn't make sense.

If anything, I'm certainly glad you're not a moderator on this site.

JaeredMack
1 week ago#3
SoulFox posted...
I don't engage in political matters, but you honestly seem to have the wrong attitude about this. You suggest removing an entire group of people from the site because of things you think they did outside the site...that doesn't make sense.

If anything, I'm certainly glad you're not a moderator on this site.

No, I suggest removing people who use made up mental health issues to attack people that disagree with them. But that's some A+ spin, buddy.
Founder, GameFAQs Inclusivity+ Initiative 2019 - Promoting Equality and Unity for Everyone

User Info: SoulFox

SoulFox
1 week ago#4
If it's made up, that means it doesn't exist, so I don't see the point of banning people over it.

The ignore button should suffice in this case.
(message deleted)

JaeredMack
1 week ago#6
Where'd that post #5 go?

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
1 week ago#7
I disagree with the premise. It shouldn't matter if somebody is using a made up illness to insult another - insulting is already covered under Flaming. Also partially under Trolling. At any rate, it's already a report-worthy behaviour.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.
At least on CE those terms are bannable.

Of course if someone questions the mental status of someone on the wrong side, no action is taken.

No consistency
Stay Positive / In memory of v
http://error1355.com/ce/SweetieBelle462.html

User Info: JoeNobody

JoeNobody
1 week ago#9
MIASU. Next.
Nobody owns this account - Yeah Baby!
What are YOU looking at, proletariat? I'm the invisible bourgeoisie.

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
1 week ago#10
JoeNobody posted...
MIASU. Next.

This pretty much.

Plus it's already moddable (IIRC this has been addressed specifically on Ask the Mods somewhere). Far from banworthy though imo, at least in a vacuum.
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/fexbndS
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Accusing someone of a made up mental illness should be ban-worthy
  • Topic Closed