• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Alerts for PMs from mods/admins

User Info: Lum_Yatsura

Lum_Yatsura
2 weeks ago#1
A simple thing that has been bugging me, and quite surprisingly no one appears to have brought up before. We could use some sort of unmissable indication when a received PM is from a mod or admin.
I support the Epic Games Store.

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
2 weeks ago#2
... Does the notification that you have a PM not suffice? I'm confused.

Unless you mean something that prevents use of the site until you read the PM, but it's not like that guarantees you actually reading it any more than the popup window for however many games ensures you read the EULA.
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/fexbndS

Lum_Yatsura
2 weeks ago#3
Neither the notification, the PM inbox, nor opening the PM itself, tells you the user level of the sender.

User Info: Ludacris01

Ludacris01
2 weeks ago#4
You can find out the level of the sender by clicking their name though. Why does that need to be information you see before even reading the message?
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Friend Safari: Steel (Mawile; Forretress; Excadrill)

Lum_Yatsura
2 weeks ago#5
Ludacris01 posted...
You can find out the level of the sender by clicking their name though. Why does that need to be information you see before even reading the message?

I'd know ahead of time that I'd better read and answer it, or face the consequences.

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
2 weeks ago#6
Lum_Yatsura posted...
Neither the notification, the PM inbox, nor opening the PM itself, tells you the user level of the sender.

Okay, how would you suggest such an "unmissable notification" be implemented then?

For that matter, why would it have to be unmissable in the first place? You can PM mods (or be PMed by then) for unimportant matters. If it's that whole "you face the consequences for ignoring them thing," that applies to regular users too, it has nothing to do with the person on the other end being an admin/mod.
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/fexbndS

Lum_Yatsura
2 weeks ago#7
Like a banner on top of the site, or the PM received icon changing color or shaking.

Unimportant matters is a good point. I suppose I'm used to thinking of admins/mods as being overly serious or robot-like, since there would've been little reason for me to interact with them unless I got modded.

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
2 weeks ago#8
You should let mods/admins choose whether the message they send is urgent. After all, no mod is on the clock all the time; if they message a friend that they got a new game, it's not as important as if they tell someone they're warned for repeated ToS violations.
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
Ceterum autem censeo Gamefaqs separandam esse.

Lum_Yatsura
2 weeks ago#9
DragonAtma posted...
You should let mods/admins choose whether the message they send is urgent. After all, no mod is on the clock all the time; if they message a friend that they got a new game, it's not as important as if they tell someone they're warned for repeated ToS violations.

When you put it that way, perhaps a PM isn't the right place for the biggest emergencies.

User Info: MorbidEngel

MorbidEngel
2 weeks ago#10
You never know though. It's worked for me on the places I've done it on.
I am a super sandwich!
http://www.last.fm/user/ToxicOrochi
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Alerts for PMs from mods/admins
  • Topic Closed