You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. You guys ever considered changing names that users are called after 5000 karma?

User Info: NES4EVER

NES4EVER
2 weeks ago#21
Hey man, you stick around the site for 20+ years, I think you've earned the right to name the level that you're the first to reach.
nu-horsemen 4evar
[A GameFAQs Moderator was deleted by this message]

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
2 weeks ago#22
NES4EVER posted...
Hey man, you stick around the site for 20+ years, I think you've earned the right to name the level that you're the first to reach.

Yeah, exactly. It doesn't have to be the names I said. The names I mentioned was just an example.

I would think that it would be hard to find out exactly who got to levels 5000, 7000, or 9000 first, so maybe the lead administrator or lead moderator should name those. The first one at 11,000 (or 10,000 if you go with intervals of 1000 after 9000) would name that if that hasn't been reached yet.

This is all just for fun's sake. It's fun to see a new level name.

User Info: Crash

Crash
2 weeks ago#23
? Block is and always was a stupid name. *signs*
"Why aren't you voting?"
"Because my candidate's handshake had no character."

User Info: Forest_Temple

Forest_Temple
2 weeks ago#24
Crash posted...
? Block is and always was a stupid name. *signs*

Its not even impressive. When I first saw someone with it I just thought it was a glitch or something. I wouldve made something way more creative.

User Info: Mookiethebold

Mookiethebold
2 weeks ago#25
It was chosen to keep the theme of naming a new level after something from a popular game series going:

Ancient - Final Fantasy 7
Sage - Legend of Zelda
? Block - Super Mario Bros.

Granted, I wish it had been almost anything else from SMB, but hey, it is what it is. It has already been decided that 10,000 karma is the next user level, so there's absolutely no need to add levels for 7k or 9k. I honestly hope that after 10k the next level is something ridiculous like 100k or even 1 million karma, or just don't add anymore levels. Let level 39 at 10k be the final user level.

I'll add a conditional sign - I don't want to add new levels between 5k and 10k karma, but I'm all for allowing a vote for a new name for level 38 to replace ? Block.
check my brain
Mookiethebold posted...
It was chosen to keep the theme of naming a new level after something from a popular game series going:

Ancient - Final Fantasy 7
Sage - Legend of Zelda
? Block - Super Mario Bros.

This, plus the fact that the new levels are listed as "???" before they were given a proper name, so that's where the question mark reference came from to begin with.

It may not be a popular choice, but the top users were given the exclusive privilege of permanently naming level 38 and that's what they came up with, and CJayC honored his word and implemented it. (Or was it Allen at the time? In either case the name came from within the userbase so the admins aren't changing it.)
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. You guys ever considered changing names that users are called after 5000 karma?