You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. You guys ever considered changing names that users are called after 5000 karma?

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
4 weeks ago#11
Hucast9 posted...
Block is the final name you get, right?

Just to address this, gecause you seem really convinced the name is simply "Block": it isn't, it's ? Block as in the thing from Super Mario:

https://imgtc.com/i/2kuvyDJ.jpg

I think that's radically different from simply "Block".

At any rate, *anti-sign* the suggestion. Should management decide they want to introduce new levels, I'd be fine with this but I just don't see value in pushing for new titles for the new titles' sake.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: ironyisntdead

ironyisntdead
4 weeks ago#12
*anti-sign*
You havent set a signature for the message boards yet

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
4 weeks ago#13
gmo7897 posted...
Mauron posted...
Most of the higher levels, including "? Block" were named by the first users to reach those levels. I doubt they'll be changed.

This. If the site admins decide to add a new level above the current level 38, the first several users who reach that level will likely determine the name.

Exactly this. Despite the whole ? Block fiasco I still think this is the best way to choose new names for the levels.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

User Info: nesplayer

nesplayer
4 weeks ago#14
You realize that level 39 is the highest one normal user can be. So it will take a total revamp of the levels. I miss the good old days of CjayC and his user level being 10.

That's a blast from the past for all you karmas that are 3 digits
RIP Off-topic Flair May 17, 2017-May 18, 2017
ModestJ 5/20/2018 3:43:14 PM#98 Safe to turn this game off now. Back to Bar Rescue.

User Info: StarFighters76

StarFighters76
4 weeks ago#15
For starters, it doesn't have to be exactly 5000, 7000, 9000, all the way up to 21000. Even if it was that way, then what's the problem?

Perhaps because no one will be around to reach 21,000 Karma? You're looking at 58 years to get to that point. And that's not counting any type of rarer than rare bonuses.
1,000 maps goal achieved on 04/12/2010!
2,000 maps goal achieved on 04/15/2016!

User Info: Forest_Temple

Forest_Temple
4 weeks ago#16
gmo7897 posted...
Mauron posted...
Most of the higher levels, including "? Block" were named by the first users to reach those levels. I doubt they'll be changed.

This. If the site admins decide to add a new level above the current level 38, the first several users who reach that level will likely determine the name.

What if I wanna name it Big Booty Thot Lord?

User Info: Mauron

Mauron
4 weeks ago#17
Forest_Temple posted...
gmo7897 posted...
Mauron posted...

1) Be one of the first users to reach 10,000 karma.
2) Convince the other users at that level to go with your choice.
3) Find out if the admins have any restrictions for the naming process.

At the moment you're still a ways off from completing step 1.
A ladle, that thing that's halfway between a whisk and a frying pan. ~ Tomba42
http://maurtopia.com

User Info: Forest_Temple

Forest_Temple
4 weeks ago#18
Mauron posted...
Forest_Temple posted...
gmo7897 posted...
Mauron posted...

1) Be one of the first users to reach 10,000 karma.
2) Convince the other users at that level to go with your choice.
3) Find out if the admins have any restrictions for the naming process.

At the moment you're still a ways off from completing step 1.

Im gonna try my very best until I make it to the top

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
4 weeks ago#19
Forest_Temple posted...
gmo7897 posted...
Mauron posted...

I mean, that was the controversy back when ? Block was chosen.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. You guys ever considered changing names that users are called after 5000 karma?