You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Add sorting to the existing filtering (flair) system.

User Info: HipsterSora

HipsterSora
1 week ago#1
I don't mean exactly for searching needs, but it could be useful there as well. I know the flair system has the filtering process, but I don't think it's enough. If we added sorting, it could be a lot easier to organize topics on the page. Have a check mark to include archived topics or not. Some sorting suggestions would be new/old, # of posts more/less, popular/unanswered, friends -> followed -> followers -> rest of them, and polls.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQx_KMoCgJU | Reading Jojolion
'It is well known that the Heartless harbor an intense hatred of shirts.' -keybladesrus

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
1 week ago#2
Before that, they need to actually ENFORCE flair properly, and actually require a flair for "general" rather than just having a default that people ignore.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

User Info: Cassius_Bright

Cassius_Bright
1 week ago#3
Flairs were just a pointless addition to the site as it was. They had a large backlash when they were introduced and any criticisms that they garnered were heavily censored by the mods and admins. People also abused the "Off-Topic" flair to the point whole boards were flooded with nothing else besides them so they had to remove it entirely and hid all the topics that utilized said flair. Most of it is now just silenced as people don't have the energy to care or continuously complain about it anymore. But it did show a pretty clear picture of things all things considered.

With regard to this suggestion? I don't necessarily see it as a bad one, but as stated, flairs would actually need to be more enforced than they currently are and the chances for that happening are pretty slim.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
1 week ago#4
Cassius_Bright posted...
heavily censored by the mods and admins

Typical.

People also abused the "Off-Topic" flair to the point whole boards were flooded with nothing else besides them so they had to remove it entirely and hid all the topics that utilized said flair.

And now they're doing the exact same thing with the "community" flair. The mods won't enforce topicality at all anymore.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Add sorting to the existing filtering (flair) system.