• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Turn Off Badge Notifications Option

User Info: bruplex

bruplex
2 weeks ago#1
With nearly 20 years on Gamefaqs' message board (and 10 years as a Moderator), I've been fine rolling with most of the changes throughout *two decades* of being part of the community. Change is inevitable.

That said, these stupid badge notifications are driving me bonkers. They are like slow-drip water torture, at first you don't mind but eventually, they start to drive you mad. Adding in the simple option to not show those notifications is respectful for users. I'm sure there is some consultant for the site who insists these kinds of rewards increase engagement (which no doubt they do for some people) but c'mon, not all of us want to gamify our gaming site.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I don't care about literal (virtual) participation trophies. At least make the option to turn off notifications available to veteran users if the system is being forced upon the site.
Use your computer mouse to navigate the internets. Be sure to talk to everyone you meet. You're sure to gain lots of valuable information.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
2 weeks ago#2
Unfortunately, we had that topic here before and the answer was "No":

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/77523677
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: Devin Morgan

Devin Morgan
2 weeks ago#3
After hearing from multiple users across multiple topics, we decided to make this into an optional user setting. Check your Advanced Site Settings.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Turn Off Badge Notifications Option
  • Topic Closed