• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Idea: remove link to POTD board from POTD page.

User Info: Pitaya

Pitaya
1 month ago#1
I went over there to see how many people were complaining about how many 2's were awkwardly omitted in today's poll, and it seems a lot of regulars there actually detest talking about their board's namesake. Seems kind of misleading to point them to a board that simply doesn't want to talk about it.
I solemnly swear that I aim to misbehave.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
1 month ago#2
I honestly don't know why the Poll of the Day board exists. It probably served to its purpose at some point in the past but not any more and not for a long time. Yet it's still referenced by the poll page. Moreover, it's (ab)used to be akin to CE or /b/ or whatever - filled with random topics.

For the record, there is another board:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1324-actual-poll-of-the-day-board

which somehow makes the existence of the other board even sadder.

EDIT: Oh, and *signed* by the way.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: _Kaz

_Kaz
1 month ago#3
Or enforce the rules for the PotD board.
Fighter: "Mr Pibb", "Dr Pepper".. I'm onto you..
Kaz Fact: Welcome to Version 2.0!

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
1 month ago#4
*signs*

To recollection, PotD actually has this attitude problem where you might get reamed for actually discussing the poll. It's hilariously stupid. The users basically never talk about the poll, it's not a board about the poll of the day -- it's just another generic social board.

Linking it from the poll as if it IS a place for the poll of the day is just misleading at best.

We should either have it link to the "Actual Poll of the Day" board - which actually discusses the poll - or link to nothing at all.

If the status of the APotD board - that is, being a community board - is somehow an issue, just make it an official board of some sort (no doubt the owner will be willing to discuss this), and either merge or delete the current PotD board (with some other board like RI or CE in the former case). Making it official would actually play nicely into the once-mentioned plans of allowing individual non-Community boards to have leaders and such - the owner of APotD could still retain some control over the board, just now with more direct administrative oversight. Seems like a nice compromise.
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/fexbndS
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
1 month ago#5
As much as I believe PotD needs to have enforced topicality, I believe the admins have mentioned on previous topics here that they have no intention of enforcing it, changing the link or making a proper board.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

User Info: RaptorLC

RaptorLC
1 month ago#6
No.
Never trust a snake.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Idea: remove link to POTD board from POTD page.
  • Topic Closed