• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Ability to temporarily close account.

User Info: DarkTransient

DarkTransient
4 weeks ago#1
Currently, yes, you can close your account and make a new one.

But what if someone wants a voluntary-but-enforced break from the site, but doesn't actually want to give up their username / karma / contributor account / etc? I can think of a few well known users that have done this, but later returned, and had to make new accounts.

Currently, the only way this could be achieved (other than just not visiting the site for a while lol) is to calculate exactly what level of violation is needed to get a purg of the right duration - a strategy I'm sure GameFAQs would rather discourage, and isn't exactly reliable in the first place.

So - my suggestion - in addition to the current permanent closure, offer the option to request a temporary closure.
https://imgtc.com/i/0mboxsZ.png <-- Tiamat is best babe, if you disagree you're objectively wrong.
I just lost the game.

User Info: Peepa

Peepa
4 weeks ago#2
Try using your browser/parental control settings and blocking gamefaqs.gamespot.com instead.

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
4 weeks ago#3
Not inherently against this myself, just seems a little absurd to not have the self-control to visit (or avoid visiting) a specific site, and having to have the site force that on you.
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/fexbndS

User Info: stahlbaum

stahlbaum
4 weeks ago#4
Just log out and exercise self control.

User Info: Devin Morgan

Devin Morgan
4 weeks ago#5
This will not happen.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Ability to temporarily close account.
  • Topic Closed