• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Allow User Profile Pictures to appear in posts.

User Info: MrMegaPhoenix

MrMegaPhoenix
4 weeks ago#41
Hi C posted...
No pictures in posts on gamefaqs, period, ever.

are you aware this is already an option?

User Info: Kaliesto

Kaliesto
4 weeks ago#42
Hi C posted...
Anti-sign

No pictures in posts on gamefaqs, period, ever. And no gaming the system by allowing avatars in posts which was the obvious intended hidden agenda of the OP. No one wants to see some troll alt posting goatse or meme bulls*** in threads. Thanks.

The same still be true today with the current use of Pictures, that is on the user for making dumb decision to get their account banned or put in purgatory. You don't even need to account suicide by nasty profile picture, someone could just post something on imgtc and make their topic to cause a little chaos.
Gimme dat, gimme dat, gimme dat DramaFAQs-misterbum
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: momo92

momo92
4 weeks ago#43
Lord_Wombat posted...
*conditional sign*

Personally I like the minimalist layout the site has, and I couldn't care less about others' pics, but if people want it added I wouldn't be opposed to a toggleable option.
"Music speaks when words fail!" Dokkan ID:748737433
XBL GT: Pathos Da Ghost

User Info: Calwings

Calwings
4 weeks ago#44
*signs* I would like to see GameFAQs officially add this as an optional feature.

Someone already made a userscript that does the job and I like how it looks (it's on the Custom GameFAQs Scripts community board if you want to check it out) but having it officially supported would be nice for people who want it but don't want to mess with userscripts and stuff like that.
"Someday I too will fly... and find you again!"
http://i.imgur.com/s7rQeCf.png

User Info: Megalodon966

Megalodon966
4 weeks ago#45
*Signs*
I have been on many forums and they allow this. I think it needs to be a feature here. It is dumb to have forums without seeing a profile picture on a post.
https://www.marioboards.com/index.php?action=profile;u=5951 my Mario Boards profile.
Official George Jones of the Ultimate board

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
4 weeks ago#46
*sign*

Web forums have had this mechanic for decades.

On/Off toggle, is fine as well.
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?
No one has addressed how the site is supposed to handle the stylesheet options that currently exist which do not have space to fit a 100x100 image.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

MrMegaPhoenix
4 weeks ago#48
-hotdogturtle-- posted...
No one has addressed how the site is supposed to handle the stylesheet options that currently exist which do not have space to fit a 100x100 image.

this is what it would look like with avatars:
https://i.imgtc.com/LEc9jPr.png

if theres a couple of styles that are super compact, just make it clear the option wont work with them

User Info: Kaliesto

Kaliesto
4 weeks ago#49
That's something I should have brought up, what size would be appropriate for this type of forum that most can agree with?
Gimme dat, gimme dat, gimme dat DramaFAQs-misterbum

MrMegaPhoenix
4 weeks ago#50
Kaliesto posted...
That's something I should have brought up, what size would be appropriate for this type of forum that most can agree with?

isn't the best option the current size you can see from the triangle next to the name?

same size, same picture, nothing different but programming it to show that same exact avatar in the username box instead of the popup box.

super easy imo
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Allow User Profile Pictures to appear in posts.
  • Topic Closed