You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Allow User Profile Pictures to appear in posts.

User Info: Kaliesto

Kaliesto
2 weeks ago#1
The profile picture already is small, so the problem of a picture loading up shouldn't be a issue. I've seen forums still load up properly because they have a standard to keep profile pictures within certain width/length in order for topics to load up fast, and GFAQs already has step 1 accomplished. It just would be nice to give topics a bit more personality instead of just seeing the account's username all the time, why not just go all the way you know? I think it is just slightly lame I have to click their username just to see whatever their avatar is, I think it defeats the purpose of a profile picture.

I hope it is at least considered even if my suggestion gets opposed.
Gimme dat, gimme dat, gimme dat DramaFAQs-misterbum
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
2 weeks ago#2
*anti-sign*

And IIRC the mods repeatedly rejected that.
In memory of my beloved cats, Anastasia (9/30/06-9/18/17, illness) and Josephine (1/19/06-9/23/17, cancer).
Ceterum autem censeo Gamefaqs separandam esse.

Kaliesto
2 weeks ago#3
DragonAtma posted...
*anti-sign*

And IIRC the mods repeatedly rejected that.

Honestly that is a shame, what exactly is the reason? Is it technical or is it because of the users?

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
2 weeks ago#4
*conditional sign*

Personally I like the minimalist layout the site has, and I couldn't care less about others' pics, but if people want it added I wouldn't be opposed to a toggleable option.
I'm only abrasive to morons, take that for what you will.
~DBFZ- Vegito/Kid Buu/SSJ Goku ~ Tekken 7- King/Bryan ~ SFV- Lol as if I'd play that trash, ever...~

Kaliesto
2 weeks ago#5
Lord_Wombat posted...
*conditional sign*

Personally I like the minimalist layout the site has, and I couldn't care less about others' pics, but if people want it added I wouldn't be opposed to a toggleable option.

That would be a nice compromise.

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
2 weeks ago#6
Basically what Lord_Wombat said.
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/qavbtaQ

User Info: MrMegaPhoenix

MrMegaPhoenix
1 week ago#7
im not sure I understand why either.

if you click the little upside down triangle next to names, it will pop up with a profile picture (if the user has one).

why not just have that as an option to show if you decide to turn it on?
Now Playing:
Last Finished: Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise

User Info: Oldin

Oldin
1 week ago#8
*anti-sign*

GameFAQs will lost its identity without its Avatar. Like wildFIRE, its spread and consumed entire NATION. Not to mention the other ATTACK!
https://bit.ly/2JXDBzP https://bit.ly/2RmO4eD
13 and growing

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
1 week ago#9
Oldin posted...
*anti-sign*

GameFAQs will lost its identity without its Avatar. Like wildFIRE, its spread and consumed entire NATION. Not to mention the other ATTACK!

Just to be clear, is this a legitimate anti-sign with a joke reasoning or a joke anti-sign? I'm not sure either of these are OK, but the second one seems worse.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.
vlado_e posted...
Oldin posted...
*anti-sign*

Just to be clear, is this a legitimate anti-sign with a joke reasoning or a joke anti-sign? I'm not sure either of these are OK, but the second one seems worse.

It doesn't matter, an anti-sign is an anti-sign
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Allow User Profile Pictures to appear in posts.