• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Slow down the purge for social boards

User Info: Norse Mage121

Norse Mage121
1 week ago#1
This website is dead and when CJayC implemented no archives/purges for social boards like 10 years ago, i guess it made sense to save on server costs or something

But nowadays most old social boards have like 10-50 users and we should be able to have a conversation without the topics being purged after 3 days of inactivity.

@SBAllen add archiving or increase the purge range to like 4 weeks. thanks
Norse: It's a Kind of Magic.
This post contains the sub-message [ **** knockin'. Let me in! ].
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
1 week ago#2
*sign*

But this will probably just die off like the other petitions on the matter made in the past
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/qavbtaQ

Norse Mage121
1 week ago#3
just keeping tagging @SBAllen in every post since this is probably a 5 minute change he could just do with no ramifications

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
1 week ago#4
I doubt it's a 5-minute change and repeatedly pinging the admin is only going to make him more inclined to ban you than it would be to get him to do anything.
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/qavbtaQ

Norse Mage121
1 week ago#5
baconman is a benevolent admin and my semester of webdev tells me that this is matter of changing a handful of variables

User Info: Happy1912

Happy1912
1 week ago#6
Adding archiving to social boards no. I see the reason behind game boards but social boards there here to let us socialize so I don’t see a need there.

Purging times have been laid out already and as far as I know no plans to change them.

If a topic purges I don’t see it as a big deal. I’ve had a topic or two purged before it’s not the end of the world for me.

I really don’t see your reason behind this suggestion where some ideas have been shot down before.
XL FC 3755-2065-2060 Switch FC SW-1289-7377-4301/2DS 4098-9016-5170 Discord happy1912#7613 Smash Ultimate Mains Pikachu, Isabelle O3DS FC 0361-6489-6518

Norse Mage121
1 week ago#7
My reasons are spelled out in my original post and just because you don't care about them doesn't make them invalid hth

User Info: Anisoptera

Anisoptera
1 week ago#8
*signs*

but allow users to opt out of archiving, some people post stupid things as teenagers that they will regret 10 years later.
https://i.imgtc.com/eIPAvwX.jpg

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
1 week ago#9
Norse Mage121 posted...
baconman is a benevolent admin and my semester of webdev tells me that this is matter of changing a handful of variables

Your semester of webdev has left you too confident with no actual experience. Pretty much change boils down to "changing a handful of variables". That doesn't mean it's often easy.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.
Sign for increasing purge rates.

Strong anti-sign for adding archives to social boards.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Slow down the purge for social boards
  • Topic Closed