You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Ability to post PDF formatted FAQs

User Info: Apocalypse612

Apocalypse612
2 weeks ago#1
Hello everyone,

First time posting in this board. I'm about to post my first FAQ after having gone through all the quirks and limitations with a .txt based document format, as well as a somewhat limiting HTML web-creation guide (no offense).

My suggestion is to have the support for PDF FAQs hosted on this website. I understand that the standard text-based format has been around for ages, but it's time we get more up to date with technology.

There's a lot of things a PDF FAQ can do, and some some really fancy column and table based stuff, to boot. Really, the sky is the limit. This is how the big companies who produce strategy guides do it for print. There's just so many more options to pick from!

I understand there may be a slight increase in the standard file size of FAQs, but in my opinion this would be well worth it. I'd LOVE to make some of these guides for this site, if you give me the opportunity to do so.

Best Regards,
Corey D.
Christ has returned! www.ra-el.org
Flee Babylon (USA) before it's too late! Hail Lord RayEl!

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
2 weeks ago#2
I'm fine with it so long as it becomes an option (i.e. is not forced on people).

I personally don't see a huge *point* to it either since it is a lot more effort - the other formats are there not to be able to do everything and anything, but to be there for simplicity's sake - but if people want to go the extra mile and the site's okay with it, so be it.
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/qavbtaQ
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Apocalypse612

Apocalypse612
2 weeks ago#3
Some of the people who make FAQs kind of consider it a love letter to something they really enjoy. No, I am not suggesting we force it on the entire community, but having the option for people who, as you said 'want to go the extra mile', would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
Christ has returned! www.ra-el.org
Flee Babylon (USA) before it's too late! Hail Lord RayEl!

User Info: ltachi

ltachi
2 weeks ago#4
Good idea. Signs.
~peaceful 'sharingan' user~

User Info: JoeNobody

JoeNobody
2 weeks ago#5
* conditional *

Allow other formats too, from .doc to .ps
Nobody owns this account - Yeah Baby!
What are YOU looking at, proletariat? I'm the invisible bourgeoisie.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Ability to post PDF formatted FAQs