• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. No more "default" Flair

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
2 weeks ago#51
I can't believe this is still open

User Info: billyb2004

billyb2004
2 weeks ago#52
Gargomon251 posted...
They're not enforcing flair like they should, and reporting doesn't stop the problem from happening constantly. Something needs to be done, and requiring a flair (rather than being left blank) is a simply way to at least partially fix the problem.

While there could be more info available about topic flairs and which ones to use and how to use them when making topics, this isn't a major problem on the boards that needs to be enforced. General is the default flair and it doesn't show up in the topic list so that's why it's blank.

And I don't believe the admins implemented the flair feature to then force people to use them since there isn't any rule in place that states someone needs to use a specific flair besides making a topic that's off topic which is what the community flair is for. If they choose to use general instead of help or trading, etc or they forgot to add the right flair, they can change it within an hour or someone can report it and we'll change it for them. So for any other specific flair, if they're not aware of the feature, like many other features that some may not be as well known to some new users, they just need to be informed about. If someone uses the wrong flair then just report it, say which flair it should be and we'll change it and inform the user their topic flair was changed with a notify without delete moderation, which means we'll also give them some brief info about the flair feature.
You can observe a lot just by watching.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1050-achievement-and-trophy-hunters

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
2 weeks ago#53
billyb2004 posted...
this isn't a major problem on the boards that needs to be enforced.

Yes it is. Between that, rampant s***posting, and dozens of pointless duplicate threads.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
2 weeks ago#54
*anti signs*

This really sucks.
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.

User Info: MorbidEngel

MorbidEngel
2 weeks ago#55
Gargomon251 posted...
billyb2004 posted...

Yes it is. Between that, rampant s***posting, and dozens of pointless duplicate threads.

You know, if a lead mod of a huge active forum tells you not a problem, and even then you still can't think otherwise....I dunno what to tell you bub.

It's a losing battle.
I am a super sandwich!
http://www.last.fm/user/ToxicOrochi

User Info: JoeNobody

JoeNobody
2 weeks ago#56
Wonder why Billy didn't close the topic?
Nobody owns this account - Yeah Baby!
What are YOU looking at, proletariat? I'm the invisible bourgeoisie.

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
2 weeks ago#57
MorbidEngel posted...
Gargomon251 posted...
billyb2004 posted...

You know, if a lead mod of a huge active forum tells you not a problem, and even then you still can't think otherwise....I dunno what to tell you bub.

It's a losing battle.

Trust me, this guy refuses to take any opinions outside of his own. I honestly think it would've been much better if one of the mods or @SBAllen closed this. Go look at his ACNL board posts if you don't believe me.
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
2 weeks ago#58
MorbidEngel posted...
You know, if a lead mod of a huge active forum tells you not a problem

The people who run this site (even Error) are just one of the many problems with this board, but that's not the point of this thread.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi
(edited 2 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. No more "default" Flair
  • Topic Closed