• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. No more "default" Flair

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
4 weeks ago#21
P4wn4g3 posted...
you have the option to mark a topic for being off-flair and a mod will add the appropriate flair.

I've marked dozens of topics for being off-flair, and I'm sick of it. What good does it do AFTER the fact, when the damage is already done?

-hotdogturtle-- posted...
What he is asking is for the dropdown list on topic page not to default to "general" if you don't select it. He wants it to start empty so you are required to open the list and pick a flair. The hope is that people will look at the list (expecting to select "General") and possibly see another flair that's more suited and click that instead. Right now people are not even looking at the list at all, so they are posting flair-worthy topics under General.

This is exactly what I wanted.

-hotdogturtle-- posted...
The question is whether the admins want to make flairing more mandatory,

The admins are lazy and don't seem to care what people do half the time. The problem is they NEED to make flairing more mandatory. Reddit isn't nearly as bad.

P4wn4g3 posted...
If this is what you are trying to propose TC you need to work on your wording, close this topic, and make a new thread.

I thought it was pretty clear. Do you really think making a new topic with different wording would make a difference though?
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: P4wn4g3

P4wn4g3
4 weeks ago#22
Gargomon251 posted...
I thought it was pretty clear. Do you really think making a new topic with different wording would make a difference though?

Yes, because that's distinctly difference from removing default altogether.

If you're hoping this will somehow improve the quality of the Smash board overall though, that seems unlikely.
7D ChessMaster of Dark Aether
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/851-dark-aether

Gargomon251
4 weeks ago#23
P4wn4g3 posted...
Yes, because that's distinctly difference from removing default altogether.

I said remove default, not remove General.

P4wn4g3 posted...
If you're hoping this will somehow improve the quality of the Smash board overall though, that seems unlikely.

And every other board on the forums. But apparently, expecting people to do what they're supposed to is too much to ask.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
4 weeks ago#24
Gargomon251 posted...
I've marked dozens of topics for being off-flair, and I'm sick of it. What good does it do AFTER the fact, when the damage is already done?

Obviously, you've already considered the fact that what you consider off-topic and what the site considers off-topic are two different things of course.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

Gargomon251
4 weeks ago#25
FarplaneDragon posted...
Gargomon251 posted...

Obviously, you've already considered the fact that what you consider off-topic and what the site considers off-topic are two different things of course.

Only because the site doesn't enforce their own "off-topic" rules properly. Especially when the "Community" flair is an "anything goes" loophole, and people are playing seven degrees of kevin bacon ("smash bros has crates in it, and so does tf2, so I can make a thread that's complaining about how overpriced tf2 crates are" or "I'm going to ask people for advice on snes classic on the switch board")

User Info: P4wn4g3

P4wn4g3
4 weeks ago#26
Really sounds to me like this isn't a sincere topic and you're trying to bring your drama from the Smash Bros board here. You need to take the internet less seriously.
7D ChessMaster of Dark Aether
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/851-dark-aether
Gargomon251 posted...
Especially when the "Community" flair is an "anything goes" loophole

That's not a "loophole", that's the intended function of the Community flair.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

Gargomon251
4 weeks ago#28
P4wn4g3 posted...
Really sounds to me like this isn't a sincere topic and you're trying to bring your drama from the Smash Bros board here. You need to take the internet less seriously.

It is, I'm not, and it's not "the internet", it's the countless unfilterable topics on gamefaqs.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
4 weeks ago#29
Gargomon251 posted...
P4wn4g3 posted...

It is, I'm not, and it's not "the internet", it's the countless unfilterable topics on gamefaqs.

We've had flairs for 2 (?) years, you've been here going on 16 years. You should be well used to the "unfilterable" topics. Which leads me to believe:

P4wn4g3 posted...
Every single choice you have ever made in your entire life has led up to you reading this signature, right now.
How does that make you feel?

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
4 weeks ago#30
Lord_Wombat posted...
We've had flairs for 2 (?) years

Barely 8 months.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/6-gamefaqs-announcements/76616541
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/qavbtaQ
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions