• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. No more "default" Flair

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
4 weeks ago#1
Too many people make threads without even looking at the flair options, so the threads default to "general". We need to make it so that you CAN'T post a thread until you go to the dropdown menu and select a flair, even if it's the general flair. This should reduce the number of threads that don't use the proper flair when they should, which will also reduce the number of reports moderators need to go through.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

User Info: JoeNobody

JoeNobody
4 weeks ago#2
* anti signs * Unneccessary complications.
Nobody owns this account - Yeah Baby!
What are YOU looking at, proletariat? I'm the invisible bourgeoisie.

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
4 weeks ago#3
JoeNobody posted...
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/qavbtaQ

User Info: ironyisntdead

ironyisntdead
4 weeks ago#4
*anti-signs*
You havent set a signature for the message boards yet

Gargomon251
4 weeks ago#5
JoeNobody posted...

You'd rather have unnecessary threads?

What's complicated about it?
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
4 weeks ago#6
Gargomon251 posted...

That implies that a thread is unnecessary just because it lacks a flair.
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/qavbtaQ

Gargomon251
4 weeks ago#7
Eevee-Trainer posted...
Gargomon251 posted...

It IS unnecessary to people who don't want to see those threads that are SUPPOSED to have flair.

For example, say you don't want plot spoilers, so you deselect "story/plot". But then there's dozens of un-flaired threads just because people are lazy or ignorant and don't put the proper flair. Sure you could report them, but that's just more work for everyone, and doesn't prevent it from happening again.

User Info: TheReasoner1

TheReasoner1
4 weeks ago#8
Gargomon251 posted...
Eevee-Trainer posted...
Gargomon251 posted...

It IS unnecessary to people who don't want to see those threads that are SUPPOSED to have flair.

For example, say you don't want plot spoilers, so you deselect "story/plot". But then there's dozens of un-flaired threads just because people are lazy or ignorant and don't put the proper flair. Sure you could report them, but that's just more work for everyone, and doesn't prevent it from happening again.

Do you think those lazy and ignorant people will stop posting if you give them one more step? At least right now, you have a way to avoid seeing topics made by lazy and ignorant people.
signature

Gargomon251
4 weeks ago#9
TheReasoner1 posted...
Gargomon251 posted...
Eevee-Trainer posted...
Gargomon251 posted...

Do you think those lazy and ignorant people will stop posting if you give them one more step?
You can't stop them from deliberately picking the wrong flair, but you can at least stop them from ignoring the flair box entirely.

It's like websites that say "this field required".

At least right now, you have a way to avoid seeing topics made by lazy and ignorant people.

No you don't.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
4 weeks ago#10
*anti-sign*
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. No more "default" Flair
  • Topic Closed