• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Bring back the top Board users list (Karma List)

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
3 weeks ago#11
I'm not really against this or anything, but I never really bothered looking at it because from what I remember the ranks barely changed
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

User Info: Devin Morgan

Devin Morgan
3 weeks ago#12
FarplaneDragon posted...
I'm not really against this or anything, but I never really bothered looking at it because from what I remember the ranks barely changed

This is a big reason why we removed it upon revamping the badge system. You didn't get to see your site-wide rank outside of the Top 50 either, so really what's the point?
FarplaneDragon posted...

Maybe some of the old schoolers will eventually stop posting..

Or maybe make karma accumulation a little more interesting and varied. Like extra points for doing well in the character contests or a bonus if you go x amount of time without a moderation

It's so rigid and dull a system that users need not pay any attention to it after they get past the posting limit levels. 75 karma I think.
Started from the bottom now we here
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
3 weeks ago#14
haloiscoolisbak posted...
Like extra points for doing well in the character contests

I'm actually a little surprised that this doesn't happen considering the whole point of the GameFAQs Competitions board.

I mean, yeah, who cares about Karma over $1,000+ gifts, but even still.

a bonus if you go x amount of time without a moderation

I wonder how well that'd work, to be honest. Obviously the person in question would have to use the site X days without a moderation (or otherwise we could have inactive accounts gaining Karma), but I kinda like the thought of that at least.

It's so rigid and dull a system that users need not pay any attention to it after they get past the posting limit levels. 75 karma I think.

More or less true. The only noteworthy milestones after are 350 (get to apply to be a mod) and 500 (get to create a Community Board).

I guess you could argue the level-based boards are noteworthy but they're dead as hell.
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/qavbtaQ

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
3 weeks ago#15
FarplaneDragon posted...

Maybe some of the old schoolers will eventually stop posting..

Or maybe make karma accumulation a little more interesting and varied. Like extra points for doing well in the character contests or a bonus if you go x amount of time without a moderation

I mean, it's dull and boring because that's always been the intention. Outside of some bonuses that they used to rarely do all karma was ever really meant to be was a general indicator of about how long you've been active on the site.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.
Devin Morgan posted...
This is a big reason why we removed it upon revamping the badge system. You didn't get to see your site-wide rank outside of the Top 50 either, so really what's the point?

I get this (and I actually agree in this case), but I would point out that a large amount of the badge leaderboards (which you just added with the revamp) also don't change.

So the solution is to show us more personal stats outside of the leaderboards to make it more useful.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
3 weeks ago#17
-hotdogturtle-- posted...
So the solution is to show us more personal stats outside of the leaderboards to make it more useful.

Personal stats? What do you mean by that exactly (aside from Karma I'm guessing)?
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/qavbtaQ
I mean what he said, showing you your exact rank outside of the top 50.
Hey man, LlamaGuy did encrypt the passwords.
With what? ROT-13? -CJayC

User Info: LusterSoldier

LusterSoldier
3 weeks ago#19
*Signs* Luster Soldier

The highest Karma Users List shouldn't have been removed. It's been a long-standing feature for over 15 years. Not sure how long it's existed, but certainly over 15 years prior to its removal.
Luster Soldier --- ~Shield Bearer~ | ~Data Analyst~
Popular at school, but not as cool as Advokaiser, Guru Champ!

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
3 weeks ago#20
I wasn't aware that so many people cared about karma (especially karma that isn't theirs), and while I seen to be in the minority I still have to say

*anti-sign*

Probably unnecessary considering Devin's post, but whatever. Unnecessary list for meaningless points imo.
~DBFZ- Vegito/Kid Buu/SSJ Goku~ Tekken 7- King/Kazuya/Bryan~SFV- Ew, no...~
Not that this matters, considering none of you would play a fighting game anyway :P
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Bring back the top Board users list (Karma List)
  • Topic Closed