• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. ignore means nothing if THEY are still seeing your posts

User Info: Roxborough4Ever

Roxborough4Ever
4 weeks ago#1
If they can still follow you around, talk s*** and stalk you; using their alts to gang up on you and cast you in whatever light they are looking to craft: the ignore feature means nothing.
You feast on red herring because it is your birthright.

User Info: MorbidEngel

MorbidEngel
4 weeks ago#2
and the ignore function isn't going to be made to control what others see. This has been shot down loads of times.

Maybe grow some thicker skin
I am a super sandwich!
http://www.last.fm/user/ToxicOrochi

Roxborough4Ever
4 weeks ago#3
MorbidEngel posted...
and the ignore function isn't going to be made to control what others see. This has been shot down loads of times.

Maybe grow some thicker skin

lol, trust me....thick skin has nothing to do with it, it's about truly having the ability to "ignore" a user....yeah, its been "shot down" multiple times but its going to continue to be brought up multiple times until it is changed because the current system just isn't good enough.

User Info: MrMegaPhoenix

MrMegaPhoenix
4 weeks ago#4
ideally, it would be nice

if you ignore someone who harasses you (because lets be real, ignoring is a better solution than marking them and not having anything done about it), its not a good sign to see other people quote them and see that the user is still harassing you after you put them on ignore (and they know it too).

I understand why its that way, but it would be nice
Now Playing: Super Mario RPG
Last Finished: Yakuza 6

Roxborough4Ever
4 weeks ago#5
exactly, the last thing we actually need is some 6000 karma wannabe mod come along and say that it cant be done and that it will never be done.......lol........trust me, in the past 5 years i've seen changes come to this website that I thought would never happen/didn't see coming.....there will come a time when the lightbulb goes off over the appropriate persons head and realizes "our ignore system has a huge gaping flaw in it"................merry xmas

User Info: MrMegaPhoenix

MrMegaPhoenix
4 weeks ago#6
I think it could be open to abuse though

like if you have a board with 98 posters, yourself and then another guy and you put 98 people on ignore, then only one can get see your posts and only you can see theirs.

but the other 98 people could see (assuming you post a ton of topics/posts) a lot of "blank" pages or that a new post was made when they cant see it and it could get annoying

I definitely agree with you that it should be done, but I think its potentially open to abuse.
Now Playing: Super Mario RPG
Last Finished: Yakuza 6

User Info: gmo7897

gmo7897
4 weeks ago#7
The admins have stated before this won’t be happening.
All Things Final Fantasy: http://gmo7897.com/s/atff
There are some walks you have to take alone.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. ignore means nothing if THEY are still seeing your posts
  • Topic Archived