• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Allow non-voting in some brackets on the Character Battle.

User Info: DarkTransient

DarkTransient
3 weeks ago#1
Might be a bit late since the battle is underway, but hopefully it could at least be taken into account for future battles.

In the current setup, where four pairs are presented at a time, if I want to vote in any of them, I must vote in all four.

Take today's one for example. The only characters from it I even know are Vivi, Tidus and Donkey Kong. That means in two of the pairings I literally don't know either character. Why shouldn't I be able to vote for Vivi and [my preference of Tidus or DK, let's not start a character battle debate here] in the respective sets, while not voting for the others? Instead, I have to select on some near-irrelevant grounds (eg. the chick in the second bracket is mildly cute) or even pure random (in the 4th bracket).

As I said, I doubt it'd be really fair to make a change for this battle now that it's underway, but perhaps this should be done in future battles?
Proud to be part of the 1% of society that's smart enough to realise Australia is not real.
(message deleted)

User Info: Emulator

Emulator
3 weeks ago#3
*signs*

They must allow users to lock their votes for any no. of selected characters. I also don't like to vote randomly. In today's battle, Leon vs Dragonborn, I don't remember either, and because of my wrong vote, the TRUE character may not win. If multiple users do the same thing, the REAL character woould not win.
"It is not death I fear, I just fear doing nothing in life!"
http://karma.hardcore-tm.com/?user=Emulator

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
3 weeks ago#4
Emulator posted...
*signs*

They must allow users to lock their votes for any no. of selected characters. I also don't like to vote randomly. In today's battle, Leon vs Dragonborn, I don't remember either, and because of my wrong vote, the TRUE character may not win. If multiple users do the same thing, the REAL character woould not win.

Maybe, but what is the"right" or "true" character in any case?
"We're gonna kill 'em with kindness, but instead of hugs, we're gonna use bullets".

Emulator
3 weeks ago#5
I meant the true winner character of the contest who deserve that position.
Just like in politics, if a person voted for evil candidate randomly and similarly, if other people do the same, there's no way the good will win.

Emulator
3 weeks ago#6
Moreover, registered users' votes count double. So, it can affect the results.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Allow non-voting in some brackets on the Character Battle.
  • Topic Archived