• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Merge separate boards for the same game

User Info: LusterSoldier

LusterSoldier
3 weeks ago#61
*Signs* Luster Soldier

This is a pretty good idea. Merging multiple boards for the same game would be a programming challenge for Devin to make sure there are still separate products listed in the database (one for each version of the game) while also making sure each version of the game points to just one board (a single merged board). This would apply for games that have multiple versions such as the Pokemon games and games that exist on multiple systems (multiplatform games).

SNS posted...
The same thing may even happen to the current Pokémon board on the Switch if the administrator forgets it exists when the gen 8 games are announced (I have a feeling the only reason it wasn't renamed "Let's Go Pikachu" was because the administrator forgot the board existed).

Well, at least the topics from the original Pokemon Switch board weren't lost forever, as they were moved to the Pokemon Shield board.
Luster Soldier --- ~Shield Bearer~ | ~Data Analyst~
Popular at school, but not as cool as Advokaiser, Guru Champ!

User Info: Jacien

Jacien
2 weeks ago#62
Look at this, another Pokemon game, another split board for no reason when we know the games are going to have 98% of the same content. The only differences are what Pokemon are in what region, and maybe a few fights, which could easily be explained with a raindrop of context.
"Just because it appeals to children doesn't exclude me from enjoying it."

User Info: _Marka_Ragnos_

_Marka_Ragnos_
2 weeks ago#63
wellington posted...
FarplaneDragon posted...
Please search through this board before posting. This has been shot down endless numbers of times.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/75659876?page=1

#20 is from the Admin himself

It’s somewhat telling that that topic was shot down and locked within three days. This one has been up for more than four months.
My Home Theater: https://imgur.com/a/la41r

Jacien
2 weeks ago#64
And someone else already pointed out that the previous thread was before flairs were a thing.

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
2 weeks ago#65
Jacien posted...
And someone else already pointed out that the previous thread was before flairs were a thing.

And yet, the fact that the new pokemon boards are split indicates that this is irrelevant.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

Jacien
2 weeks ago#66
FarplaneDragon posted...
Jacien posted...

And yet, the fact that the new pokemon boards are split indicates that this is irrelevant.

Who hurt you?

User Info: FarplaneDragon

FarplaneDragon
2 weeks ago#67
Jacien posted...
FarplaneDragon posted...
Jacien posted...

Who hurt you?

No one, I just find it funny that people want to sit here and debate this when there's probably a decades+ worth of similar topics across multiple admins stating they have no intention of changing this.
Don't try to think we can understand each other. For some reason, people think that they can do that. Remember that they can't. Never completely. Never enough.

User Info: SNS

SNS
2 weeks ago#68
To be fair, there's lots of times where the situation changes and something finally does happen. For example, most recently the archive rate was finally changed after many attempts to convince the administration to change it in the past.
"A bear stole my glory! He looked a bit like you!"

User Info: HipsterSora

HipsterSora
2 weeks ago#69
*anti-sign*

I don't think this type of thing really matters, and while I do like the idea ig it's just not worth the time/effort that would have to be put in place. if it were an easy task I would sign though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQx_KMoCgJU | Reading Jojolion
'It is well known that the Heartless harbor an intense hatred of shirts.' -keybladesrus

User Info: Beveren_Rabbit

Beveren_Rabbit
2 weeks ago#70
*signs*

Flairs can be used to label which console version. Also not every platform board is active so you may not have much choice but to post in another board.
*flops*
  1. Boards
  2. Site Suggestions
  3. Merge separate boards for the same game
  • Topic Closed